Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phones

Chris81

Hi folks, I usually post in the Yaris forums but I've got more of a general question this time!

My mobile phone contract has expired so I'm due a new phone woohoo :D . My last phone was a Sony Ericson k750i - I like the candybar style, none of this flip/slide business, a camera is important but I don't listen to music on it so the SE W series isn't my thing ! The look/spec of the SE k800i is appealing but its been around a while now and I don't want to sign up for another contract only for a better model to come out a month later.

So.....calling all mobile experts out there.... do Nokia or SE have any good phones due out in the near future that I should wait for?

Cheers

There's a new Nokia coming out soon (I think it's the N95) which looks good, I can't be bothered with the wait though so I've ordered the N73, can't wait to get my mitts on it, it looks great

The sony phones which are supposed to be designed around the camera and are branded sharp shot or something similar are rubbish compared to my Nokia N80 and even my old Samsung (forget model name but the one that had moriniho in the advert).

Make sure you do some research if a camera is important because the branding can be mis leading.

Got a K800i, and it's awesome - the camera especially.

There'a always new phones being released, so best thing to do is to see what your provider is going to sell. They'll usually have a list of upcoming models.

My contract is coming to an end soon too.... The thing is I can;t see anything out taht I mwould want to replace my 8800 with!!! (apart from another 8800, but they are hard to get from "proper" supliers now!)

I was thinking exactly what you are thinking when my contract ran out...

so i kept old phone and sold new one on eBay for a minting!

Phones arent really getting any better at moment!

Sony Ericsson W880i is coming out soon and it rocks! :D

Its basically the updated version of the W810i, its super thin though and looks amazing, my names down for one when my contract expires! :thumbsup:

I've got a Sony Ericsson K800i. It's an excellent phone and the camera on it is superb! :thumbsup:

i'm in the same situation with mine ending next month.

There's a new version of the K800 coming out next month - K810i it's basically the same with a facelift, looks shinier, i might get that,

Although the Nokia N95 looks amazing, 5 MP camera, Proper Video recording. Just not sure if i'll be able to get it free. i hope so!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links