Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Ideas.....?

Rash@R.A.Motors

Hi all,

bought a car having got home realised it has locking nuts on the alloys - however i dont have the key and the chap i bought the car from cant find it either.... :crybaby:

What do i do? A friend has a universal thingy that fits around the locking nut apparently and you can get it off with that normally - however the nuts in question dont have enough space around them and are too close to the alloy for this to work.... so any other ideas as i really need to get the wheels off....?

Rash

If they are the key type bolts you could always drill them to the taper then remove the stub with a pair of mole grips, if they are nuts you can still drill them but you will have to get a new stud. :thumbsup:

Les

I'd have though this was one of those things best replied too by PM, not on a public forum ;)

No chance of whacking a socket on there? and using some brute force? :P

Quote "the nuts in question dont have enough space around them and are too close to the alloy for this" Quote :(

I had the same problem Just whack a socket over with hammer then got them off . Got the bit out of the socket by putting into a bench vice and knocking out with a hammer and screwdriver.

If that cannot be done try going to a reputable tyre garage I know they have many fittings that do such jobs due to people losing the bit or just not having it after buying the car. They will help you out no end.

Hope it helps let us know matey :thumbsup:

If they are McGard locks you might have trouble drilling them.. they are made from hardened steel and the tool we have at work for removing locking nuts doesn't do them.

2884842885.jpg

Mcgard Locking nut.

Most other types will come out useing either a socket over the top (i know you don't have room for this) or useing an easi-out (sp) drills in left handed and when it gets tight.. the bolt can loosen off... if it's a nut.. it is carefully drilling the edge of it with a good tough drill bit, and getting the nut to split.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links