Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Star Trek Fan Declairs Bancrupt After...

Fizz

Quote from ananova.com;

Man goes broke over Star Trek home

A Star Trek fan has gone bankrupt after spending £12,000 turning his home into the Starship Voyager.

Tony Alleyne's flat in Hinckley, Leics, has moulded walls, touch-panel blue lighting and a life-size model of the show's transporter room.

He even built a command console, reshaped windows to look like portholes and set up vertical lights so he can pretend to be "beamed up".

He hoped his pad would tempt other Trekkies to pay him to convert their homes too.

He took out two huge loans and ran up debts of over £100,000 on 14 credit cards marketing his idea and paying for the merchandise and has filed for bankruptcy.

Tony, who split from his wife Georgina after he replaced their fridge with a "warp coil" said: "I was convinced Trekkies all over the world would want a house like mine and pay me to do it.

"But I was wrong and just overstretched. Building it in my apartment was the enjoyable and easy bit. But then I got hooked up with marketing and merchandise people here and in America and it all got out of hand.

"I'm still proud of what I created but it's been a financial disaster."

Tonys website : http://www.24thcid.com/

Web gallery of his Star Trek flat : http://community.webshots.com/user/aja24 :lol:

Bonkers bloke !!!!

Not surprisingly from Hinckley though - I wonder if Em knows him ?

Yeah, he's my new boyfriend......

NOT! :shutit: :lol:

Tony, who split from his wife Georgina after he replaced their fridge with a "warp coil" said: "I was convinced Trekkies all over the world would want a house like mine and pay me to do it.

Silly sausage...

he should have gone for the much cheaper NCC-1701 from the original series! :P

I laughed, then I thought it would be cool. But can you imagine living in it, totally wierd although well done.

I keep looking at one of the kitchen pics and it looks trippy, how wierd would it be to cook with that lighting. :lol:

Whoa... O.O

Crazy MotherF*****... :lol:

Reckon we shud gatecrash and have a rave there :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links