Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Facelift

Frankie5Bellies

Hi, I have a question that I hope that someone may be able to answer. I have ordered a Toyota Avensis 2.2 d TSpirit with full satnav. This is a company car so I have ordered it through work. The lease company have given me a date of June-ish.

However whilst looking in the local dealers I happened to ask about delivery times, being an impatient bloke I want it now. The guy said, that "They aren't producing any TSpirits of T180, especially with SatNav, as there is a facelift version due out later this year". Could anyone shed any light on this?

The reason I ask is that someone who deals with the cars at work said it could be 4 months before I get it. Which doesn't fill me with happy thoughts. :(

Hi, I have a question that I hope that someone may be able to answer. I have ordered a Toyota Avensis 2.2 d TSpirit with full satnav. This is a company car so I have ordered it through work. The lease company have given me a date of June-ish.

However whilst looking in the local dealers I happened to ask about delivery times, being an impatient bloke I want it now. The guy said, that "They aren't producing any TSpirits of T180, especially with SatNav, as there is a facelift version due out later this year". Could anyone shed any light on this?

The reason I ask is that someone who deals with the cars at work said it could be 4 months before I get it. Which doesn't fill me with happy thoughts. :(

Another facelift sounds a little unlikely, it was only June/July 2006 that the last one appeared. Given Toyota's usual model cycles I would expect a new model in 2009 (Avensis Mk3), so sheet metal changes before that would be a bit odd. Perhaps there are going to be spec changes for the 2008 model year?

Hi - I tried to order a new Avensis T4 about two weeks ago but was told it would be June before I could get one. Was not happy, and went to look for an alternative to Toyota. Also spoke to their PR dept and told them it was poor service for a mass produced car, but they had nothing to say in response other than to say sorry.

Almost did a deal on a different make when the salesman at my local Toyota dealer (who is also a friend) told me that there was a 'Running Change' about to be announced and that it meant the car would be available at the end of April/early May. It was officially announced on Thursday the 15th March.

On my T4 it means I get a revamped full screen sat-nav and integrated ICE system (TNS700) and a few other bits and pieces. Because of their secrecy Toyota almost lost a sale. I think that now that the new order codes are in the system you will find you can get yours a lot sooner as well! Good luck!

Hi - I tried to order a new Avensis T4 about two weeks ago but was told it would be June before I could get one. Was not happy, and went to look for an alternative to Toyota. Also spoke to their PR dept and told them it was poor service for a mass produced car, but they had nothing to say in response other than to say sorry.

Almost did a deal on a different make when the salesman at my local Toyota dealer (who is also a friend) told me that there was a 'Running Change' about to be announced and that it meant the car would be available at the end of April/early May. It was officially announced on Thursday the 15th March.

On my T4 it means I get a revamped full screen sat-nav and integrated ICE system (TNS700) and a few other bits and pieces. Because of their secrecy Toyota almost lost a sale. I think that now that the new order codes are in the system you will find you can get yours a lot sooner as well! Good luck!

Dropped in to the local dealer today; apparently all sat-nav equipped models are being upgraded to the colour screen sat-nav, with no change in list price.

Dropped in to the local dealer today; apparently all sat-nav equipped models are being upgraded to the colour screen sat-nav, with no change in list price.

- I did find the facelift turn by turn system placement a bit low and odd that it had to share the display with the ICE and in ways inferior to the previous non facelift position high on the dash with dedicated ICE LCD.

Now that the new models get full colour screen Sat Nav as standard from T3-X up, that is fantastic bonus compared to competitor models.

Still thinking about getting a second, new Avensis or used Lexus IS250.

I just ordered a new Avensis T3-S D-4D yesterday (my first ever Toyota!), and the dealer gave me a photocopy of 3 pages of an internal Toyota document listing the upgrades (it's called '2007 running changes') which I will see in my new car when it is delivered on the 2nd week of April.

The upgrades listed are :

1) Upgraded SatNav for T3-S, T4, T Spirit and T180

The new unit is called TNS700. It has a 6.5 inch high resolution colour touch screen display, is integrated into the radio/CD, and supports TMC. There were 4 or 5 minor satnav feature upgrades including Norwegian and Portugese language support. CD player can play MP3 discs.

I suspect this is the big upgrade because 3/4 of the doc goes into details about this upgraded satnav feature.

2) T3-S and T3-X new alloy wheel design

Also, wheel size upgraded from 16 inch to 17 inch for T3-S and T3-X 1.8 VVT-i, 2.0 D-4D, and 2.2 D-4D (I hope all those hieroglyphics mean something to somebody).

3) T3-X and T4 Trim Upgrade

4) New Colour Choice (Venetian Silver) for T4, T Spirit, T180.

Existing Colour (Silver Steel) now available on T2, T3-S and T3-X.

So, there you go!

Interesting notoriouscanary! Any other news relating to the T3-X or was that everything? Any other "surprise and delight" features coming along like the start button on the Verso, or even keyless entry?

This thread alone has been worth TOC membership.

The secrecy of Toyota is one thing but allowing customers to be mislead is another. How many people will have ordered an Avensis in January/February for an 07 plate, maybe even with a full map sat-nav as an extra? Then they find that two weeks after delivery their car has been outdated by Toyota at no extra cost - sat-nav, 17" wheels, maybe a different colour. :angry:

Of course Toyota have every right to alter what they want when they want but this is just cynical money making at the expense of the customer. It goes to show that you really should check up every aspect of the deal and quiz the dealer hard and directly on possible upgrades before you hand over any cash. Make them check on Toyota Central while you are there and print out for you the latest specs.

Alternatively you could always make them an offer for the non-facelifted model that will still be a good buy at a discount. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links