Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Argos Returns Policy?

Jimlad

I thought Argos had a no quibble 1 year return policy? If a product developed a fault within a year, you can get it exhchanged?

Well I took my xbox360 back today and I had to argue with them to get my replacement!! They said I should go through Msoft, but at the time I got my first xbox360 replaced, I queried what would happen 8 nmonths down the line if a fault occured. I was told I would get it replaced.

It states on their website that

"If you've had the product for up to 1 year, we'll repair the product or, if that's not possible, give you a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund."

So surely I should have had a replacement without any hassle??

I did eventually get my replacement, but I did write an email of complaint also. I am a retail manager and regardless of company policies etc, all it takes is someone to go to trading standards and they will get the issue resolved. So there's no point in arguing with the customer!!

GrrrrrrRRrrRrrrr :ffs:

I thought Argos had a no quibble 1 year return policy? If a product developed a fault within a year, you can get it exhchanged?

Well I took my xbox360 back today and I had to argue with them to get my replacement!! They said I should go through Msoft, but at the time I got my first xbox360 replaced, I queried what would happen 8 nmonths down the line if a fault occured. I was told I would get it replaced.

It states on their website that

"If you've had the product for up to 1 year, we'll repair the product or, if that's not possible, give you a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund."

So surely I should have had a replacement without any hassle??

I did eventually get my replacement, but I did write an email of complaint also. I am a retail manager and regardless of company policies etc, all it takes is someone to go to trading standards and they will get the issue resolved. So there's no point in arguing with the customer!!

GrrrrrrRRrrRrrrr :ffs:

Did you give them an opportunity to repair it ..............before you asked for a replacement?

I think that if Argos gave you a replacement without attempting a repair, you have done very well out of the deal.

Their policy does state that they will only replace if they are unable to repair.

isnt it easier for them just to replace it though ?

I got my 360 from Game and each time i returned it they tested it and replaced the console :)

Lol... it was well annoying me last night!!!!!!

Well I'll be on once I rip it apart and fiddle with it again! (if I remember how!)

I plan on being on all night long! My last day off tomorrow!!!

Here's an email I sent to customer services... (was a tad annoyed at the time)....

"Dear Sir/Madam, I purchased an Xbox360 from your Galashiels store in September 2006. By the beginning of October 2006 it had developed a fault and was returned to the store. At this time I queried with the staff member what would happen if another fault was to develop outwith 30 days but within a year. I was informed that should this happen I would once again be issued with a new console. Yesterday my Xbox360 once again developed a fault. I returned to the store this morning only to be told by a member of your staff that I should have phoned a helpline number (for where?) rather than return it to the store. I explained what I had previously been told and also what I had read on the website that states that If you've had the product for up to 1 year, you will repair the product or, if that's not possible, give a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund. Your representative then informed me it was my responsibility to have to repaired by contacting Microsoft, and this would be at my cost. However, if this was the case, and had this been explained to me properly, I would have purchased an extended warranty as the faults my machines have developed are known problems with the Xbox360. Although I was eventually given a replacement I am still unhappy with the service I received. I feel that I had to argue for a replacement and when I was finally given one the store assistant was told by the manager to do it 'just this once' and the implication was they would do it just to get rid of me rather than because this is what your policy is. Should my current machine once more develop a fault within the 1 year period I will be returning to the store expecting a replacement in line with your returns policy. I would appreciate a response on this matter, either by email or mail. Yours sincerely Mr J Megahy"

Curious to see what the reply is! :)

I will be on!

Got loads of beer to get thru also, I'm halfway thru level 44 now on Lost Planet.

Level 44?? ... my ****!!

Reply from Argos!!

Dear Mr J Megahy, Thank you for your e-mail regarding an Xbox360. I am sorry to read of the problems you have encountered with your Xbox360. All of our products come with a warranty which covers against manufacturing faults for the first 12 months. Please return the item along with a proof of purchase, which includes your order number, receipt or credit/debit card statement to your local store. The staff will be able to offer you either a repair or replacement.

So HA HA HA to my local argos! .... lol. Anymore problems and I'll be taking it back. :D

Did you give them an opportunity to repair it ..............before you asked for a replacement?

I think that if Argos gave you a replacement without attempting a repair, you have done very well out of the deal.

Their policy does state that they will only replace if they are unable to repair.

He hasn’t done very well he has got what he is entitled to.

Under consumer law goods have to be fit for the purpose and must work for a reasonable amount of time.

If goods develop a fault within 12 months you are entitled to a refund or exchange.

A consumer does not have to accept a repair.

The contract is with the suppler, in this case Argos. They wouldn’t repair it; they would send it away to be done.

Their contract (Argos) is with the supplier who they bought it off so it would go back to them.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links