Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ps3 Topic

Robie

Your order is currently being picked and packed.

I recieved an email telling me that PS3's were in stock so I ordered one.

Is anyone else planning on getting one or have already got theirs. Game's website is still saying they have them in stock so dosen't look to be the shortage there has been previously.

I am not bothered about which console is better because Ihave a 360 as well so fanboys, don't bother telling me im a nob cos I know that. :thumbsup:

taken from another forum...

I bit still to early for report yet weve had everything out of box and so far really happy with look and feel of equipment. We was really worried how the controller was going to feel but even after using for a few hours a real improvement and tested wireless control upto about 18ft (Living Room) worked a treat. Snail kindly said about the 1.60 version update below is complete list of updates and the On -Screen keyboard is the business.

Features included in PS3 system software update 1.60

An update to the PS3 system software was made available on March 22, 2007. With this update, the system software is version 1.60. Features updated in system software update 1.60 include:

Main features that are new or revised

Precision Zoom and Resolution settings (Internet Browser)

Precision Zoom: You can automatically enlarge with pinpoint accuracy the area on the screen where the cursor is located. By analysing the web page source, the system automatically calculates the best enlargement rate based on the area where the cursor is located.

Resolution settings: You can adjust web page size for optimal viewing based on the PS3 system’s video output resolution. A setting to reduce flickering of the screen when outputting in interlace mode has also been added.

Full-size keyboard

You can now use a full-size on-screen keyboard to enter text.

Folding@home™

Folding@home™ is a distributed computing project that is run by Stanford University. The goal of the project is to research protein folding mechanisms in the hope that this will lead to medical treatments for related diseases. By starting the Folding@home™ program that is installed on a PS3 system, you can participate in this project over the Internet.

Remote play via an access point

You can now use the remote play feature from a PSP system via an access point.

Addition of Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish as system languages

Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish have been added as options in [system Language] under [system Settings].

Other new or revised features

General

Background downloading of data is now supported.

Support for playback of BD-RE (Blu-ray Disc Rewritable) ver 3.0 has been added.

The PS3 system can now automatically detect an HDMI connection to a TV. If the PS3 system is turned on with an HDMI cable connected, the screen for switching video output settings will be displayed automatically.*

* Will not function unless the TV that is connected by the HDMI cable is turned on.

Settings

You can now select the character set to be used for file names under [system Settings] > [Character Set].

[Enable WMA Playback] has been added as an option under [system Settings].

[Disc Auto-Start] has been added as an option under [system Settings].

You can now restore backed up data to another PS3 system under [system Settings] > [backup Utility].

You can now register a keyboard and a mouse under [Accessory Settings] > [Register Bluetooth® Device].

[Remote Play Settings] has been added as an option.

Music

Support for playback of DSD (Direct Stream Digital) discs has been added.*

* These discs are music discs created using SonicStage Mastering Studio Version 2.1 or later or DSD Direct Version 2.0 or later (both Sony products, sold separately).

Video

Motion JPEG and AVCHD (.m2ts) have been added as playable formats.

Network

[Download Management] has been added as a feature.

Friends

[start New Chat] has been added as an option.

Shops round here have a few left over - I'm hopefully going round a mates house later to play on his and tell him he should have brought a 360 instead :P ;)

Nah quite looking forward to it and see what it's like minus the hype :thumbsup:

It's also nice to see the people selling it on eBay are making naff all :D

Me and the wife.. or should that be... the wife and I?.. went into Stirling to Gamestation at 11.00pm last night.. and it was very busy even at that time... we finally got our oldest kid (kid??? 16 on Tuesday.. I aint old enough to have a kid that age... am I??) his christmas pressant.. the PS3 at 12.10 am.Took it home and went to bed, turned it on this morning and had a quick go on Motorstorm and Genji.. the graphics on both games is excellent and Motorstorm is really good fun, don't know about Resistance : Fall of Man yet as we haven't had that out of it's box yet.. also wanted Sonic (same as the 360 version i'm told) but it never arrived in the delivery.. so it was ordered from Play yesterday and will be here soon. Also getting X-Men 3 DVD within the next day or so.. this was free with the console.. or should that be home entertainment system?

I was going to sit watch a bit of telly now.. but I can't.. the kids have the PS3 on in the front room so they can benefit from the HD-TV.

We were also warned to read the instructions with regards to turning the console off.. it has to be set into standby before turning off the power.. failure to do this can bugger it up.. and there is seemingly something in the console that allows Sony to check to see if this has happened, if it has.. no warranty claims are covered.. so take care with your console if you have one.

I Love my ps3 :)

Glad its not as **** as everyone would try and make me believe .

Resistance - Fall of man is a must buy !!

Yep, love mine too.

Not sure why everyone has got so much beef.

Once you add the cost of the XBox360 HD-Drive to make it comparible they're pretty much the same price.

Yep, love mine too.

Not sure why everyone has got so much beef.

Once you add the cost of the XBox360 HD-Drive to make it comparible they're pretty much the same price.

:unsure: Jealous ?

How natural does it feel going back to a ps controller !!??!!

Love iiittttttt :thumbsup:

I'm still not convinced myself.... the fact most stores still have stock is worrying - why arent they all sold out if they're that great?? Regardless of how much stock stores got, pre-orders should have wiped out most of them, but they havent.... which looks very bad! Makes them look about as popular as a case of herpes....

I'm still waiting for my Wii! Everywheres sold out! :(

PMSL .... you can't get a Wii but there's plenty of PS3's

I would buy one but they are to expensive as a games console

Wii's are great for twenty mins of gaming but i cant take them serioulsy as a games console - zelda looks good thou .

My 360 is gone now and good riddance , for all the good games it had the problems and amount of failings just got too much - heres hoping my ps3 is better .

I'm still waiting for my Wii! Everywheres sold out! :(

No way :blink: !!! We've had ours since before chrimbo and managed to buy another (pre-ordered in Woolworths) just after Chrimbo. Our local Game had them in stock last week....

Must be these locals, can't work out what wireless means :lol:

Well I tried Play.com, Amazon, Argos - even the bloody Freemans catalogue (as if I'd buy one from there but even they didnt have any stock!)

My Mum works for Woolies so I might try there then - she gets 10% discount too which is an added Brucie bonus! :thumbsup:

I just want to play Zelda!

I think my user name on the PS3 is Robiedoo so I would be grateful to anyone who added me cos I currently have no friends. :thumbsup:

I think my user name on the PS3 is Robiedoo so I would be grateful to anyone who added me cos I currently have no friends. :thumbsup:

lol, i'll add you later, mines manphibian

What games do you have?

Still don't see any reason to buy a PS3 over an Xbox.

When there is one, I might consider it. And no.... a Blue Ray drive is not a reason.

Most of the games for the PS3 are direct ports from the 360. The publishers have admitted this.

Most of the games for the PS3 are direct ports from the 360. The publishers have admitted this.

but not all......

Formula 1, the tennis game and ridge racer 7. I will add you next time im on :thumbsup:

lol, i don't have any of those, could make competing difficult :lol:

I've got Motorstorm, Resistance, Fight Night, Call of Duty 3, Tiger Wodds.

Still don't see any reason to buy a PS3 over an Xbox.

When there is one, I might consider it. And no.... a Blue Ray drive is not a reason.

For me it was the built in wireless and the fact I love my driving games and nothing has come close to gran turismo.

Also the fact that the machine has built in bluray player and it is quiet enough to actually watch a movie on unlike my 360!

If the PS3 brings a good enough reason to buy one over the xbox, then I'll get one.

Until then tho... I'm a happy chappy.

And yeah.. most of the ps3 games have been out on the xbox for a while now! :)

Does the PS3 equivelant version of gamer acheivment points?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links