Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty Reverse Light ?

Macky

I seem to have a problem with one of the reverse lights on my Avensis T4 (53 reg). The reverse light on the passenger’s side works but the one on the driver’s side doesn’t, even after I’ve put a new bulb in.

I am beginning to think that perhaps this model only has one reverse light. Could anyone confirm this or do I have faulty electrics?

Regards :thumbsup:

Macky.

I seem to have a problem with one of the reverse lights on my Avensis T4 (53 reg). The reverse light on the passenger’s side works but the one on the driver’s side doesn’t, even after I’ve put a new bulb in.

I am beginning to think that perhaps this model only has one reverse light. Could anyone confirm this or do I have faulty electrics?

Regards :thumbsup:

Macky.

Just one reverse light as far as I am aware, and that's a fairly poor one. You may have replaced a different bulb?

I thought there was just one reverse light on the new Avensis as I am sure I had two on the old shape Avensis I had and thought it was strange that there is just one on the new shape car.

Saying that the Verso which I have purchased recently only has one reverse light I think the other side is used for the rear fog light .

Sounds like a Toyota cost cutting thing to me

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand both reverse lenses being present to maintain the aesthetics but why have Toyota installed a bulb in a non-wired light unit?

Is it possible to run a link wire from the working one to liven it up. The earth should already be in place.

I can understand both reverse lenses being present to maintain the aesthetics but why have Toyota installed a bulb in a non-wired light unit?

Is it possible to run a link wire from the working one to liven it up. The earth should already be in place.

But why would you want to bother? Reversing lights give hardly any extra light to see when reversing in my experience (and my older Avensis does have two) and the only time anyone's gonna see that you only have one and not two is when errr, you're reversing. If it's an easy fix then fair enough but otherwise I wouldn't worry personally.

The 'other' reversing light bulb seems to be for the rear fog light, so the car has the revesing light on one side and the fog light on the other. Seems a strange set up though.

This is probably done as you dont need to have a rear fog light on the nearside of the car, it must be on the offside though for MOT/legality.

So the other side has been used for a reverse light, alot of the new toyotas are running this setup if i remember correctly.

Mart

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links