Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

SMW

Help!

My wife had a minor scrape with a lorry on her way to work this morning. A large lorry was in the road and she had to squeeze by it up on the verge and mirrors folded in edging forward at 2mph - as she nearly cleared it the rear just caught the lorrys light cluster and broke it off. The lorry wasn't moving so it looks like the blame may lie with my wife :( .

HOWEVER - the road is quite narrow and has an 11 tonne restriction sign leading onto it. My argument is that the manoeuvre was caused by the lorry being too big to be in that road making it near impossible to pass safely.

Question is how can I find out the weight of the lorry without asking the owner (who may lie of course).

On-line I have established it is a Mercedes Altego 6.4 litre but that model range is from 7.5 to 16 tonne.

Under 11 tonne have a 4.5 litre lump as stock and over 11 the 6.4 - however you can specify the larger engine in the smaller size so I can't be sure it is over 11 tonne.

Any ideas ?

Ta

Steve (and Suzanne !)

It doesn't really matter does it ???

She damaged the car/lorry by tring to squeeze through a gap to small

The fact is that she didn't have to drive through the gap or she could have waited/turned around no matter if the vehicle was parked illegally etc

I have been blocked in when parking - If you can't get out you can't get out

Well the lorry wasn't parked - they met head on in the road - not enough room to turn round - what do you do just sit there and call the Police and ask for the lorry to be removed - in theory I suppose so but not really practical when there are cars behind you and a queue forming with everyone waiting for you to make the move and squeeze past.

The restriction is on the road because it is too narrow for lorries to go down !

Usually weight restricted roads specify “Unless for delivery”, which is what a potential defence (should there be a legal argument) would use, that plus the vehicle being stationary (on your own admit ion) at the time, it doesn’t look good I’m afraid Steve, sorry. :(

Les

It won't cost much - it's just the fact that the blooming thing shouldn't have been there !

He drove the lorry away as well - knowing it wasn't road worthy - ho hum !

I agree with what's already been said, you run into a stationary vehicle and it's your fault. Whether they should have been there or not.

I've done it, it wasn't cheap and I could argue they shouldn't have parked there, but I willingly paid up because it was my own stupid fault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links