Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Six Speed D4d T3x

Stevie72

Hi folks, just been for a test drive before picking up my car tomorrow (t3x d4d), lovely beastie. Noticed it has a six speed gearbox. I thought the six speed box was only on the T180

Or am i wrong?

Hi folks, just been for a test drive before picking up my car tomorrow (t3x d4d), lovely beastie. Noticed it has a six speed gearbox. I thought the six speed box was only on the T180

Or am i wrong?

All the 2.2s are 6 speed. Not sure about the 2.0 D4-D?

Or am i wrong?

Dealer documentation says it's a 2.0.

I wonder if i have a 2.2? Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Or am i wrong?

Hi i have a 2.0 d4d tourer and that has the six speed box i think that they are fitted as standard on diesels

had mine since jan and love it :toast:

Or am i wrong?

Hi i have a 2.0 d4d tourer and that has the six speed box i think that they are fitted as standard on diesels

had mine since jan and love it :toast:

when you are doing 70mph.. in six gear .. where do you revs sit ?

Looks like they learnt their lesson with the gearing ratios from the lexus 220d - if i remember correctly many people claim 6th gear sits very low down unless your breaking the speed limit.

:thumbsup: lexus

Looks like they learnt their lesson with the gearing ratios from the lexus 220d - if i remember correctly many people claim 6th gear sits very low down unless your breaking the speed limit.

Sorry do you mean the Avensis 6th gear is better than the Lexus? ... and what does "sits very low down" mean?

Sorry do you mean the Avensis 6th gear is better than the Lexus? ... and what does "sits very low down" mean?

ie when you are driving ...

your car revs are really low.

Yea, the revs sit low at 70mph in 6th in a lexus like low 1k rpm - u put your foot down and nothing happens until you reach illegal speeds and the begining of the torque band - so not too good and usable really.

The toyota sounds like it sits at 1,800rpm in six at 70 which gives u plenty of torque to overtake or get out of trouble .... if u need it ;)

Yea, the revs sit low at 70mph in 6th in a lexus like low 1k rpm - u put your foot down and nothing happens until you reach illegal speeds and the begining of the torque band - so not too good and usable really.

The toyota sounds like it sits at 1,800rpm in six at 70 which gives u plenty of torque to overtake or get out of trouble .... if u need it ;)

just like a motor way crusier should ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links