Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

0 - 60 Times - Why?

PaulWorthing

Bearing in mind that the Aygo (along with a lot of the smaller city cars) are never going to need to do the 0-60mph 'dash', why don't the motor manufacturers provide a more useful 0-30mph time, for when you turn out into a main road and need to get up to the speed of the traffic.

Does anyone know what the 0-30 times are for this class of car compared to the likes of a family hatch, warm hatch, hot hatch and/or sports?

i cant say ive timed 0-30, but i believe you can do it in first gear and so it should be no more than 3-4secs.

Bearing in mind that the Aygo (along with a lot of the smaller city cars) are never going to need to do the 0-60mph 'dash', why don't the motor manufacturers provide a more useful 0-30mph time, for when you turn out into a main road and need to get up to the speed of the traffic.

Does anyone know what the 0-30 times are for this class of car compared to the likes of a family hatch, warm hatch, hot hatch and/or sports?

I have to "0-60" my car several times a day, pulling out of junctions on busy national speed limit roads. Yes it's primarily a city car, but it is also a cheap and economical car for driving everywhere else too!

It's the industry standard I guess. All cars seem to have the 0-60 figure (or 0-62 - 100km/h). What would be better is a range of figures especially in gear figures which are probably more useful in real life situations.

Exactly - and in day to day driving just how often do you need to do 0-60, especially when you consider that in places like London (which city cars were designed for) even getting up to 30mph can be a struggle!

• 2 weeks later...

well it is more appropriate for a city car to record that time and, in relation to everything else, it might prove a point to the traffic light racer brigade

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links