Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got It!

Desmond22

Bit the bullet and did the swap from old version 2.0 five speed to 2.2 diesel six speed.

First impressions are that this seems a totally different car. The ride comfort is much better and the engine is superb, no vibrations, incredibly quiet and very torquey. I expect to lose a few mpg because the old diesel was extremely frugal on A & B roads but only doing around 2k revs at 70 in the new car as opposed to about 2400 in the old one should even this out a bit.

The 17" alloys don't affect the noise levels and ride anything like as badly as the earlier models. I had to swap to 16" to cure this in the old car. Seats feel a bit firmer but probably the old ones were worn in.

The kit is good. Full colour satnav looks smart and once I get my my PhD in touch screen menus it should be OK. Stereo is improved, crisper and clearer, nice to have MP3 facilities as well. All that is missing still is a connection for iPods. I like the auto volume boost - brilliant on noisy roads, anybody who uses the A180 will know what I mean.

And the colour - I was fond of my silver steel but this venetian silver really suits the Avensis.

All in all the car does show 4 years of development and it seems like a well sorted motor. :thumbsup: :D

thanks for the quick summary mate, mine comes up for renewal in a wee while, could well be up for a 2.2 upgrade!

The only thing I've found missing from the old 2.0 diesel is the power heater which was quite handy in the frost.

Does this mean the 2.2 is faster to warm up in cold weather or is it just a cost cutter? Any ideas anyone?

power heater on a uk car? as far as im aware its only fitted to the cold climate cars (but i could be wrong).

glad your happy with it though hope you have many happy miles in it :thumbsup:

My certainly has the button for a power heater, but I am sure I read elsewhere here that although the button is there, and it illuminates when pressed, there is no heater attached :blink: Don't ask me why I have no idea, For sure I dont notice any difference when pressing the button :angry:

My certainly has the button for a power heater, but I am sure I read elsewhere here that although the button is there, and it illuminates when pressed, there is no heater attached :blink: Don't ask me why I have no idea, For sure I dont notice any difference when pressing the button :angry:

My previous car was the same. I never needed the heater and I just assumed it was there! Maybe this was just a psychological ploy to make us think we were warmer if the light came on. ;)

My previous car was the same. I never needed the heater and I just assumed it was there! Maybe this was just a psychological ploy to make us think we were warmer if the light came on. ;)

I'm from Norway, and here we do get power heater as standard with D4D.

My 2007 2.0 D4D warms up very quickly with the heater on. Its quite a strange noise when the heater

is burning. Sounds like a very small jet fighter (a bit louder than the engine sound), but you hear it quite well if you turn off the engine. It will take a couple of minutes after you have turned off the car until the burner stops.

Anyway, its without a doubt a very nice feature up here in the cold north!

Ooooooh

*goes outside to try it with engine off*

Nothing....I been conned, a switch that does nothing :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links