Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ground Clearance

Julian2

My D4D CDX seems to have a lot of ground clearance .Recently I was asked if it was a 4x4 .

It's on 205.55.16 tyres . Anyone else have same impression with their car ?

Hello Julian,

I've probably got the exact opposite problem from you. I have a 2003 2.0 vvti that un less I edge out inch by inch of my garage onto the road (hardly a steep driveway or heavily cambered road) I scrape the front lower skirt. It's got 215/45/17s on. I used to have a BMW Z3 that would sail out no probs so I think my Avensis is sitting real low. I'll check out your model next time I see one to compare.

Paul.

Hello Julian,

I've probably got the exact opposite problem from you. I have a 2003 2.0 vvti that un less I edge out inch by inch of my garage onto the road (hardly a steep driveway or heavily cambered road) I scrape the front lower skirt. It's got 215/45/17s on. I used to have a BMW Z3 that would sail out no probs so I think my Avensis is sitting real low. I'll check out your model next time I see one to compare.

Paul.

Paul -on mine ,from underneath the rear bumper to ground is 32cm .At the front, under the skirt to ground is 26cm.

The car has a look about it that seems to suggest it's been jacked up to negotiate bumpy ground .As I mentioned previously a guy in a tyre fitters thought it was a 4X4 owing to its stance and the "D4D" Badge on the side !

It may look better on 15" wheels or lower profile tyres but I think a drop down to 45 may be too much.Dropping the suspension seems a little extreme .The car goes really well and handles OK .It's also very comfortable and a good long distance car.My previous car was a Primera SRi which handled very well indeed but this Avensis is a far better all round car.I've had mainly VAG group cars and this latest purchase was a toss up between an Avensis or a TDi Golf .I chose the Toyota and generally I'm pleased.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links