Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet 1.3 Turbo Question

emicen

yeah, but still, i loved his starlet. it was a beauty. just cant believe he swapped it!

• 2 months later...

I've currently got a 1.3 Starlet, the standard Sportif, and it is, without a doubt, complete and utter cack. What can I do to make it look better (lights, grille and other bits), and make it handle better - it's 13" wheels are like bike wheels, and have all the grip of an ice rink.

Any ideas?

ive seen some sweet looking n/a starlet's around..a good guy to ask is 'TRD' on the toyotaownersclub.com website his look's almost like a turbo starlet done alot of mods to it..nice motor!!.

What do you mean when u say'cack'?..handling?as standard its bound to be cack..suspension,bigger alloy's/tyres to help is obvious.

Performance wise start with the filter,plugs,leads,exhaust...or just buy a GT..!No but seriously you are limited to what you can do with a N/A starlet the turbo just gives so much tuning potential!

Hey guys, I've got a Q for you all now - insurance! Whats it like in terms of grouping or what are you guys paying?

I'd love to stick the 4E in the Seo but I think I'd have a nervous breakdown over the insurance costs? Maybe Andrew is best placed to answer this one?

:thumbsup:

I'm fortunate to be on a company insurance policy and am insured to drive anything up to approx £2m fully comp. So a Sera with Starlet engine isn't a risk!

I asked Adrian Flux to quote, but they haven't replied to my email.

Try phoning them and finding out...

1. The increase in power is documented.

2. Reduction in engine capactity is documented.

3. Both engines I would class as equally reliable as you're not modifying the engine, just swapping the engine between two closely related cars

Yea thats true,

last time I phoned Adrian Flux they were rubbish, no-where near anyone else, although I've heard the more you do the more competative they get?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links