Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought My First Laptop Today...

RossP

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I need a laptop for my new shop that I'm opening soon, as I need to use it at home, at work and whilst i'm travelling to and from the UK

What does everyone think of this one?

That sound a little pricey for what is essentially a refurbished / repaired Packard Bell laptop (As sold by the Dixons Stores Group) Particularly when you add on £22.00 carriage and 17.5% VAT

It also has Windows XP and not Vista..............although some might think that is not a bad thing :)

Your money..........your choice :thumbsup:

I get the VAT back anyway...so about 50 quid off or so...meh i duno, looks like it does everything i want

As long as you're happy mate and it does what you want.

I've recently just bought two dell laptops with windows vista. One for me and one for the Mrs.

Can't beat sitting on the sofa with a laptop on yer knee! :)

hi,

if you've not bought a lappy yet this place might be worth looking at, they get end of line and refurbished kit, the prices are good and depending on where you live they do have a few shops too.

Morgan Computers

Get an apple, they are miles ahead.

Very useful advice for a guy who has bought the lappy for his work when you consider Apple's current advertising campaign slags off PCs because they are good at office productivity and is squarely aiming it's own products at tree hugging hippies who wouldn't know an honest day's work if it jumped up and hit them in the face with a sledge hammer.

Get an apple, they are miles ahead.

Very useful advice for a guy who has bought the lappy for his work when you consider Apple's current advertising campaign slags off PCs because they are good at office productivity and is squarely aiming it's own products at tree hugging hippies who wouldn't know an honest day's work if it jumped up and hit them in the face with a sledge hammer.

Sorry but thats just garbage......

In my experience Apple laptops are the best built, most reliable and have the best warranty - which all makes sense for business. Besides you can even put windows on em now if you wish.

OK Maybe the tree hugging comment was out of line, but their current ad campaign is just plain ridiculous as they are alienating anyone wanting to do any sort of "office productivity" type work. They have a real hang up about trying to promote the mac by belittling the PC. They tried it in America and it backfired. It's obviously a hard lesson for them to learn as they are running an identical campaign in the UK now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links