Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Fixes

Tweeks

Hi everyone,

I had been having most of the problems listed in earlier threads on here, crazy alarms, no alarm , no locking, locking but no unlocking.

Most of it was traced to the siren unit causing spurious alarm indications due to the back up Battery being undervoltage. I removed the siren unit and found that it was heavily corroded on the wires that feed the backup ni-cad Battery in the siren unit. The pcb inside also suffers from corrosion problems.

The not locking however was another thing. This was traced to a faulty microswitch in the drivers door lock mechanism. Ths microswitch gives a pulse to the alarm system telling it what the position of the door lock is. This microswitch can be removed from the door lock assembly and it leaves the door able to be opened by the key, but the key doesn't open the central locking.

With both the siren unit and the microswitch removed the key fobs now both arm and disarm the (now silent) alarm and lock and unlock the doors on command. Problems solved.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any more info on tweeks at zoom.co.uk

Paul

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
where is the siren mounted?

Behind the drivers headlamp/bumper. Its easiest to take the bumper off to get at it.

My door ajar alarm is going mad and almost constantly on tonight. I disconnected alarm last year (where drivers wing meets engine bay) is there a similar for this alarm or do I need to remove the bumper to get to the siren unit. To keep my neighbourly peace I have disconnected Battery to stop it going off all night !!

Thoughts please can I disconnect somewhere or go to siren unit.

Hi Im new to the forum i have a problem with my alarm also it works but is so quiet you cannot hear it unless you put your head up against the offside front wing have read about removing the bumper to get at it but how do you do this exactly can anyone help ????? please :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Hi Im new to the forum i have a problem with my alarm also it works but is so quiet you cannot hear it unless you put your head up against the offside front wing have read about removing the bumper to get at it but how do you do this exactly can anyone help ????? please :unsure:

I've had issues with my R reg Avensis 1.8 gls alarm where I couldn't turn it off at all. Had to pull out the hazard light fuse to turn the thing off.

Now it's MOT time and no one will take the car with the alarm sounding so I had to find out how to disable it.

1. Took the wing off the car to remove the siren unit.

2. Still the hazard lights came on, no good.

3. Tracked down the box that controls the alarm.

On the passenger side pull off the panel under the Glove box, Just give it a good tug at the bottom.

Now slide out the two pins holding the glove box on

Take the glove box out - watch out for all the sweet wrappers flying around :rolleyes:

Set your alarm off and you will feel the black box where the relay is ticking

Undo the 2 screws holding the alarm (theft) unit, mine was black.

Hack it to bits to get the plug out.

At last no hazard light flashing when you enter the car or turn on the ignition, peace at last. :D

I found that my Dome fuse had blown so replacing that has brought back my central locking and interior lights, but didn't fix my alarm system.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links