Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Really Winds Me Up!

JappyBeast

Got cut up on a mini roundabout today by a man on his mobile. If I hadnt have stopped I would have hit him.

It really winds me up when I see people talking on their mobile phones while driving, funny thing is there seems to be more people doing it now that its been made illegal!

yeah i agree with you :yes:

it winds me up too, esp if they have a passenger in the car who could answer their phone ;)

Should have let him hit you...... damaged your car and got insurance pay out, then get a new car?? ... :D

Only joking!!

It annoys me like mad also! I've nearly been hit by a few stupid people like that!

If you're following a car or truck and they don't indicate, nine times out of ten it's because they have a mobile phone stuck to their ear (or it's a BMW driver :rolleyes: )

It's also stupidly irresponsible :censor: Given how cheap a handsfree bluetooth is these days it's even more stupid.

The punishmnent is too light to be honest - ought to be £1000 fine and 6 points for a first offence and £5000 plus immediate disqualification for 3 years for a second offence and crush both the car and perpetrator for any subsequent offence.

That should do it :thumbsup:

It's also stupidly irresponsible :censor: Given how cheap a handsfree Bluetooth is these days it's even more stupid.

The punishmnent is too light to be honest - ought to be £1000 fine and 6 points for a first offence and £5000 plus immediate disqualification for 3 years for a second offence and crush both the car and perpetrator for any subsequent offence.

That should do it :thumbsup:

Sounds bang on to me chap!

it is irritating, also when they drive 25 in a 30 or sitting at lights which go green and they dont notice

I agree but if you did hit them they tooka look at your car ......and assume your a boy racer and that it was your fault but really its us people who can really drive and take prid :D e in our cars more than them

I think the punishment should be more of a deterrant too. I did think that amputation would be good. You're caught on the phone in your car and you get your hand amputated. This gives you the simple choice. With only one hand you can EITHER drive a car OR talk on a phone...........NOT BOTH !

More people will have to be killed as a result of people driving and using phones before the penalty rises.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links