Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

33 Students Shot Dead At A Uni In...

Fizz

"She peeked out into the hallway, and saw the shooter, so she immediately closed the door. Three other students moved a table that was in front of the room - it seats approximately 40 students at capacity - and barricaded it against the door.

"A few seconds later, the shooter tried to open the door, but my classmates kept it well shut, as they held the table against it from floor level.

"The shooter shot the door twice at chest level, which resulted in two holes in the door, one of which hit the podium in the front of the class room and the other continued out the window. At this point he reloaded, shot the door again - this shot did not penetrate - and moved on to the other classrooms," Mr Macko said.

How scary must that have been? :!Removed!:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6560685.stm

Yeah, absolutely sick. Is it just me though or should somebody not be allowed to walk around a campus 2 hours after having shot some people, without the place having been evacuated? If you think about how long 2 hours actually is, how the hell is that possible?

Watched it yesterday evening on the news.

Completely sick, that someone can just rob you of a life in an instance.

As has been said, why wasn't the place on lock-down after the first incident?

A tragedy could easily have been avoided...

Going by what i have read it seems there was a domestic incident where the chap found out his g/f was cheating on him and some shots were fired. (think she 'may' have been killed) and he left.

So if you was to hear that im sure you wouldn't think this chap was then going to go away and wait 2 hours before killing a load of other people?

Not everything is black and white.

Tragically this isn't the first time and unfortunately it won't be the last........welcome to gun culture :(

Going by what i have read it seems there was a domestic incident where the chap found out his g/f was cheating on him and some shots were fired. (think she 'may' have been killed) and he left.

So if you was to hear that im sure you wouldn't think this chap was then going to go away and wait 2 hours before killing a load of other people?

Not everything is black and white.

That's an excellent point & 1 I was thinking about after I posted. It's horrible but in the US there are shootings all the time & by the sound of it at 1st this would have seemed like another of those incidents with it not being considered a "massacre" until the 2nd set of shootings started.

Has anybody heard that he lined people up before shooting them, execution style? I really hope that's not true, that'd be a horrible way to go (more so, even in these circumstances)

one very disturbed individual....

Unfortunately it's one very disturbed country... The gun culture in America is truly disgusting. I saw some pictures this morning of a small boy (maybe 10 years old) at a gun club in America and he was free to pick up any of the vast array of guns that were out on display. I think this kind of casual familiarity with weapons is one of the reasons why so many of these incidents have been occurring over recent years.

Dubya hasn't really helped matters either because his War on Oil Terror is just teaching Middle America that vengeance is completely justifiable, regardless if the initial act warrants such an extreme response.

one very disturbed individual....

Unfortunately it's one very disturbed country...

True.

Looks at the Swiss for example. Everyone over 18 (IIRC), is given an assault rifle to keep in the home.

Purely because of the fact that everyone has to serve a minimal term for national service, but can you recall an incident in Switzerland with a shooting?

True.

Looks at the Swiss for example. Everyone over 18 (IIRC), is given an assault rifle to keep in the home.

Purely because of the fact that everyone has to serve a minimal term for national service, but can you recall an incident in Switzerland with a shooting?

If they're anything like their knives they can't really do alot of damage :P ;)

Totally sad and shocking....

Apparently the guy was fully loaded with ammo - and it was also apparently visable - why did no one raise the alarm after seeing a guy with ammunition? Its not likely he would have been carrying bullets about for fun!

So your missus dumps you... cry a bit and get over it... you dont :censor: ing massacre innocent college students! :(

The campus should have been evacuated after the first incident rather than them sending emails to students. Maybe that way we wouldnt be looking at so many innocent lives lost due to American gun culture (yet again!)

Also look at canadians... per square mile there are more guns in canada than the USA and canada has one of the lowest gun crime statistics the world over.

In essence I think if there wasnt guns people would just use diferent weapons... ***** I could kill someone with a paper hanky and a tub of marmite... very innoviative but also so very very wrong

its a bit much to brand an entire nation as bonkers or whatever on the basis of the behaviour of a small number of seriously disturbed individuals.... and personally ...I reckon they think were crazy for NOT owning guns... after all .... its only the good people over here that dont :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links