Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Park Accident

ArthurPewty

Hiya people.........how ya doin?

I wonder if any of you can give any sensible advice.............

My nephew was involved in an incident last week in a car park, he has a nice little Starlet, (but is not a member here)!!.........what happened was that a young lad was messing around, sitting on his bonnet and as the engine started and my nephew moved forward the lad fell off.........all at very low speed, nothing was said at the time, but now a week later, the lad apparantly has a sprained ankle and is asking for insurance details and registrations!

Am i right in thinking that although the lad has minor injuries he has no claim because the incident happened on private land and that my nephew doesnt have to give any details to him.

Any advice appreciated........Thanx :thumbsup:

Id tell the lad he shouldnt have been sitting on the bonnet in the 1st place and he owes your nephew £500 for repairing and respraying the bonnet ;)

dont give him any details but as chris says give him a bill or go to the cops and see what they can do fo you

Agreed! sadly, or happily for yor nephew, in this day and age it's not what you know, it's what you can prove! Tell him to go and take a big %&*£ to himself!

Yeah, thanx for the comments, they all match pretty much what everyone else is saying to him,

have a nice weekend y'all

:thumbsup:

That's pathetic, really is a sign of the "where there's blame there's a claim" culture that is rife now. As already suggested, I'd either tell him to come back with proof of 1) the injury & 2) that it was caused in the incident, or counter claim for all the damage that the little :censor: 's done to the car. Horrible little !Removed!, he's just seeing an opportunity to earn some quick cash by doing sod all, tell him to :censor: off

Hope it all works out well for your nephew

• 2 weeks later...

Messing about sitting on his bonnet!! i'd be inclined to mess him about!! As said tell him to shut up or put up - what a LOSER!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links