Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit

mkay99

Hi Guys,

Im interested in putting an induction kit in my p1 t-sport yaris. Any suggestions? What ones have you guys put in? :thumbsup: Cheers..

I've got an A'PEXi. It's a quality item and it sounds amazing! :thumbsup:

get a panel filter mate

no offence to ryan but induction kits are gash to be honest with no real performence benifit

They do have some performance gain if located correctly (responsiveness mainly) and specially with refueling of sorts to match the added air!

yea but most average people just wack it on n go look i have an induction kit lol

ive relocated mine n altho it is better the cars sluggish still, cant put my foot all the way down to the floor cause the engine just dies.was much faster with just my decat.

going to try a panel filter n if that down work im going to relocate to behind the bumper as its in the headlight position now n its still getting warm on hot days

must say it does make your engine look class tho with a massive cone n my lil mini breather filter :) haha

i feel a decat/powerflow/blitz sound clip coming on lol

ive relocated mine n altho it is better the cars sluggish still, cant put my foot all the way down to the floor cause the engine just dies.

That's obviously a problem with your car then, I can put my foot all the way down if I feel like it. I've not noticed a performance increase with the A'PEXi but I've got it mainly for the sound. I might get round to moving it to the front of the engine bay one day. :thumbsup:

hi keep putting kit on and take it off still getting very slight flat spot at low revs but it does sound great is it the warmer air ?

not sure mate but it got better wen i moved it to behind the headlight but it still gets dam hot there

also putting a breather filter on made it slightly better

but it make a stupid noise up by red line like a massive rattle

it doesnt pull the whole rev range anymore its struggling after 5000

has a massive flat spot down the bottom end but this is normal for my car jst way worse now ive got the induction kit on

getting an o2 simulator for my decat then its going to toyota to have the engine codes read, fixed n cancelled

fingers crossed it shud fix it if not im screwed lol

also without my induction kit i got 33-35mpg now with it and a decat im gettin 29mpg :|

unplug the crank speed sensor to check if there is oil leaking through the sensor on the bottom of timing chain cover or it could be the vvti controller sticking

I've got an A'PEXi. It's a quality item and it sounds amazing! :thumbsup:

Hi have you got a picture of how it looks? and how much did it cost?

but it make a stupid noise up by red line like a massive rattle

that's because it's not tied down and it's hitting your aircon pipes. There will be massive vibrations from the engine at 6000rpm, which will shake your filter like hell.

here's a pic of a relocated apexi, costs about £110-£130 (it usually goes on the end of the standard rubber hose with the 2 90 degree bends on it. If no one else gets a pic i'll post one up.

relocatedapexi.jpg

ive got a blitz sus from fensport cost 130,its easy to fit and sounds nice :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

hey i have a power enterprise ind kit and provided to keep it to dry weather this position has had great results as you can see.

indkit.jpg

130small.jpg

Typhhoon or apexi

Doesnt really give you any extra power but gives better throttle response and seems to pull better at high revs!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a typhoon and it looks and sounds awesome. I'm not sure if it has affected the performance negatively or positively or not at all. It is located down behin the front bumper area.

Can one of you guys tell me, will my filter be getting enough air down there? There's not really any air flowing directly onto it. Does that matter? Also, if any of you guys have one of these kits, how do you remove it and clean it? I don't particularly want to jack the car up and remove the splash guard like I did when putting it on. It actually looks like I may just be able to unhook it and lift the kit right out. I'm not sure though.

Thanks guys for any response.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links