Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cant Shift Gears Smoothly On 2007 Rav-4 Petrol

miks

hi, just bought new rav-4 and i love it. its just that i cant shift gears nicely.

when im releasing clutch it feels like there is no constant resistance in pedal. feels kinda its stuck at first moment. as a result i cant shift smoothly. is it me or the car??? i have been driving a lot of MT cars before and its first time i have such a problem. :unsure:

hi, just bought new rav-4 and i love it. its just that i cant shift gears nicely.

when im releasing clutch it feels like there is no constant resistance in pedal. feels kinda its stuck at first moment. as a result i cant shift smoothly. is it me or the car??? i have been driving a lot of MT cars before and its first time i have such a problem. :unsure:

I think you'll get used to it and the feel of the clutch will change. The spring in the clutch is like an inverted washer (called a diaphragm) and it has the feel you describe. As the car is big it has to have a strong clutch so the "feel" is greater. A lot of people find them fierce at first.

I think you will find it eases off as the friction reduces in all the new parts.

Enjoy your new car and welcome to the club.

Regards

Miks,

These RAV's are always a bit stiff in the mornings (rather like some of us :wacko: ) but once warmed up they get better... As Anchorman has said the clutches are a bit stronger than normal compensating for the heavy car...

Takes some getting used too but once you have, should be fine...Still stall the wifes car whenever I drive that after being in the RAV :angry::crybaby::rolleyes:

Welcome to the club...... :thumbsup:

And I'll echo anchorman and chatman's comments. The clutch is fierce but you'll get used to it - most of the time (I still stall my Rav4 occasionally - and that's after 18,000 miles). Better a solid engagement than slipping...

... and welcome to TOC!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links