Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2d4d Noisey When Cold Following Service By Toyota

KSS_SK7

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me with this one....... :help:

Back in April I had my 55 plate Avensis 2.2D4D serviced at my local Toyota dealer. Since then it has a loud 'metallicy' noise from the engine for the first 2 to 3 miles. It never did this before the service was carried out. Since the service I have been back Toyota several times with the car and have also had advise from a relative of mine who works for Ford he has advised me that the 2.3d engine in the Galaxy does not like the 'standard' semi-synthetic oil that they use on all cars when they carry out an oil change in their workshop so they have to use a different oil. My local Toyota garage has informed me that they also use the same type of oil for all their oil changes (Shell Helix semi-synthetic 10W40). I have suggested on each meeting with them that they should try changing the oil, but each time I return to collect the car they have found a new 'fault' that was causing the problem. The previous one being a EGR port being blocked with soot resulting in a reprogram of the ECU. As suspected though, when I drove the car from cold the following morning the noise was still there! Once again it went back in and they have now decided that the engine appears to be consuming a large amount of oil so they have topped up and are doing the 1000mile check. They have also finally agreed to changing the oil when they do the oil consumption check only after I told them that I would be taking my car to an different garage for a 2nd opinion and that I would be sending them the bill for this if the problem is due to the oil type.

Has anyone else come across this problem or can offer me some advise? If so I would be most grateful to you.

• 8 months later...

mmmm, i have the same model and year as you do, with the same 'diesel clatter'. Opinions gentlemen? ;)

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me with this one....... :help:

Back in April I had my 55 plate Avensis 2.2D4D serviced at my local Toyota dealer. Since then it has a loud 'metallicy' noise from the engine for the first 2 to 3 miles. It never did this before the service was carried out. Since the service I have been back Toyota several times with the car and have also had advise from a relative of mine who works for Ford he has advised me that the 2.3d engine in the Galaxy does not like the 'standard' semi-synthetic oil that they use on all cars when they carry out an oil change in their workshop so they have to use a different oil. My local Toyota garage has informed me that they also use the same type of oil for all their oil changes (Shell Helix semi-synthetic 10W40). I have suggested on each meeting with them that they should try changing the oil, but each time I return to collect the car they have found a new 'fault' that was causing the problem. The previous one being a EGR port being blocked with soot resulting in a reprogram of the ECU. As suspected though, when I drove the car from cold the following morning the noise was still there! Once again it went back in and they have now decided that the engine appears to be consuming a large amount of oil so they have topped up and are doing the 1000mile check. They have also finally agreed to changing the oil when they do the oil consumption check only after I told them that I would be taking my car to an different garage for a 2nd opinion and that I would be sending them the bill for this if the problem is due to the oil type.

Has anyone else come across this problem or can offer me some advise? If so I would be most grateful to you.

hello

you'd have all the works list they performed first and the list you gave to them as an order.

it is hardly to monitor developments. i presume the oil is not in question now because you have a metallicy noise.

it is understood all bills must be in your hands to issue a claim, if any.

cheers/igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links