Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Problems Already

Matty NE

Right got my T-Sport P2 in March April time and already i have problems

1st; The additional part of trim that is on my rear bumper is coming loose on the drivers side only.

2nd; there was a lovely thunder storm today in good old geordie land and the parcel shelf was soaked...The boot and sunroof were closed, not very happy since its a 54 plate and hasnt even done 12k...

Right got my T-Sport P2 in March April time and already i have problems

1st; The additional part of trim that is on my rear bumper is coming loose on the drivers side only.

2nd; there was a lovely thunder storm today in good old geordie land and the parcel shelf was soaked...The boot and sunroof were closed, not very happy since its a 54 plate and hasnt even done 12k...

If you got it from a Toyota dealer you should be able to get it sorted under warranty...............they should have given you 12 months under their used car sales scheme.

If not purchased from a Toyota dealer, did you do a check on the car to see if it had been involved in a rear end accident prior to you owning it?

The T Sport, (or any Yaris) does not usually have any problems with leaks but it may have a problem if the rear hatch seal has been displaced due to an accident repair.

Let us know what happens :thumbsup:

Opening the boot on a T Sport when wet can lead to some water spilling on the far sides of the parcel shelf

It looks like the spoiler is just at the right angle to guide the water onto the shelf.

Only normally happens after the car has been standing for a while and water has collected along the roof/spoiler/boot.

Its booked in for the 8th Aug at my local Mr T garage, but this afternoon when i was driving it into work it made an awful noise, sounds like it was coming from the power steering pump, the level is fine so if its still making the noise on the way home i'll take it straight to the garage as i have to pass it anyways :cry: not the best start and its still standard!

Welcome to the wacky world of poor yaris build quality! I agree with the comments about the boot - after it's been raining and you open the hatch the rain drips all over the place. Think it's down to poor design rather than anything else, that is unless your parcel shelf got wet without you opening the boot.

It doesn't matter whether you bought it from Toyota or not, you still have warranty left on it so get the dealers to investigate all the problems you have. If, however, it has been rear ended and the leak is due to poor repair, they'll promptly tell you where to go.

Its booked in for the 8th Aug at my local Mr T garage, but this afternoon when i was driving it into work it made an awful noise, sounds like it was coming from the power steering pump...

Doesn't Yaris TS P2 have electric power steering?

No it doesn't. All P2s except the TS have electric power steering but the TS has far superior hydraulic power steering. The owners manual doesn't mention this though!

Chris81 - The shealf was wet before i opened the boot, which is why its became issue.

olobolo - I havent clue!

• 1 month later...
Chris81 - The shealf was wet before i opened the boot, which is why its became issue.

olobolo - I havent clue!

its the boot seal! the little black rubber part that goes all around the boot, they tend not to fit properly, not just yaris ts have the problem it can happen on all makes, easily rectified.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links