Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Mk2 Electric Aerial Replacement

jonquigley

tried eBay.......£70+ for a 2nd hand one that might not work for more than 5 minutes. i think i'll take a punt on the Maplins one and keep you all updated. got to be worth a punt for £22!!

There used to be a good article on t'internet about replacing/repairing these, but I can't find it any more - the most likely looking URL when I search just brings up a domain name site, so perhaps they've forgotten to pay their hosting fees.

I recall from reading the article way back, that there are minor complexities with the 2's antenna. Something along the lines of the signals that are sent to send it up or down. These I recall come from either the head unit or the ignition so that the antenna goes up and down under the appropriate conditions. I don't think it should be too hard to figure out how to wire your maplin antenna without the article, but I recall it being slightly more complex than just connecting 3 wires.

I did find an article about fitting exactly that aerial to the Mk1 but don't know if that will help you at all.

Good luck, it should be fine, and when you've figured it out I'm sure pics and relevant info posted here would be a big help to anyone else looking to replace their aerial.

There will be a remote wire that comes from the stereo. (You can use the same one that you would to connect an amp). Connect the aerial upto that and it will go up when you switch the stereo on and down when you switch it off.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links