Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Forlife Coolant Life Expentancy And Spark Plug Recommendation

rallybunny

Hiya,

My car's due a service in the next month or so, and I've no record of what's been done on it before, so I'm going to go for the full shebang, changing all the fluids and plugs. It's on 46k (40k when I bought it in Septembre last year) now, so I presume it'll all need doing.

My first question is, what is the life expectancy of the For Life coolant, as we've had 2 bottles sat in the garage since my o/h sold his MR2 4 years ago. One's opened, and one's sealed.

Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for spark plugs? What type do I need to get? And any recommendation for brand?

Also, am I better off buying the TRD filters etc or are the standard Toyota ones ok?

Cheers.

Hiya,

My car's due a service in the next month or so, and I've no record of what's been done on it before, so I'm going to go for the full shebang, changing all the fluids and plugs. It's on 46k (40k when I bought it in Septembre last year) now, so I presume it'll all need doing.

My first question is, what is the life expectancy of the For Life coolant, as we've had 2 bottles sat in the garage since my o/h sold his MR2 4 years ago. One's opened, and one's sealed.

Secondly, does anyone have any recommendations for spark plugs? What type do I need to get? And any recommendation for brand?

Also, am I better off buying the TRD filters etc or are the standard Toyota ones ok?

Cheers.

im a toyota tech a 40k shud inc coolant plugs gear oil brake fluid oil fillter. toyota air fillters r as good as any normal fillter and probly cheaper than a trd 1 toyota spark plugs r good enough 2. the coolant u hav should be fine u will need about 4.5L of it

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there, long life coolant usually means about it lasts to 60k, and id throw the open coolant and use the unopened 1, but toyota do do a super lonlife coolant which can last up to 100k, Jus phone up any Toyota garage and they will tell you the type of spark plug needed i think is single electrode. TRD parts are used for racing to be honest the original filter is jus as effective. k cheers mark

Yep the superlong life stuff is the pink stuff which should be in your T Sport already if I remember rightly, as for plugs go for standard Toyota ones as they are made by Denso which is one of the top brands if you ask me.

As for a 40k servcie on your TS should be everything so you wouldnt be losing much money, make sure you get the gear oil done aswell, 75/90 once I had new stuff in mine if felt a lot smoother.

Hiya,

Cheers.

I would follow the other reccommendations, but get a better air filter. if it needs changing. Get a K&N or TRD panel filter to fit. They are dearer but do not need changing ever again! Just a clean every 50,000 to 100,000 miles, depending on dirt levels. I have a K&N and it is fine, TRD may be dearer but just the same really. Mostly depends on what you can get easier.

They will both give very small increase in power and fuel economy too so will pay for themselves in a year:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links