Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Useless New User

El_En

Hi, i'm so sorry to probably post questions which have been asked a zillion times but i'm having a bit of trouble finding what i'm looking for & i'd like some answers, if possible, now rather than for xmas :wacko:

So here's a copy of the post I put in the newbie section, PLEASE feel free to help me, thanks so much :thumbsup:

Hi everyone :D I just bought a 2002 plate 1.3 5 door Yaris CDX in black which has only done 32650 miles :thumbsup: I am happy so far apart from a few things i'm hoping you guys can help me with, as I am not clued up about cars & this is my first Toyota.

I don't have a user manual, & therefore have had to 'explore' the car myself.

I have had to lower the seat as far as it goes, & lift the steering wheel up to make room for my knees (long legs) but then had to move the seat forward a little to make my arms more comfortable when holding the wheel, which brings my knees closer to the wheel, again :blink: Does anyone else have this problem?

Gutted that there are only Speakers in the front! Can I put Speakers in the back?

The wing mirrors look a bit naff, can they be replaced with nicer ones (& have the electrics still working)?

I am disappointed the sunroof isn't electric as the windows & mirrors are.

And why when I did a search for CDX on this forum did it return no results?? :huh:

The first, last, & the speaker questions have been answered already, although I couldn't find the electrial section to read info about the Speakers :rolleyes:

Cheers! I was only looking in the Yaris bit. Funnily enough :rolleyes:

Can I ask also why there aren't sub forums for each model? Would make searching for info soooo much easier.

Can I ask also why there aren't sub forums for each model? Would make searching for info soooo much easier.

I preferred the forums when they were less split.

For example, Celicas was one forum but then got split into seperate sections e.g. GT4 and T-Sport, so if you want to see all the recent Celica threads you have to look in three seperate places. Yes, you can now search just the GT4 section, but there aren't enough Celica owners to keep all three of those sections active enough for my liking.

I respect your & value your opinion, but surely the point isn't that the thread is active but that the user can find the relevant info they are looking for easily & quickly. If I need info about MY car, I don't want to be trudging through lots of useless info about other cars before I find it (IF I find it). I get bored very easily, & will post questions which have been posted a zillion times before, i'm sure that is even more of a bore for you than a thread being a bit slow.

Perhaps it may be that the info I need about my car IS the same as all the other cars in that thread, if it is then I will have absolutely no problem reading it all whatsoever. But being as uneducated about cars as I am I am unsure whether this is the case or not. Perhaps you can enlighten me about this. Thanks :unsure:

Also, forgot to say earlier, my front passenger headlight is bad with condensation <_<

You're right, there are benefits in segregating the info, and probably for most people the split is better. Certainly don't see many people complaining about the split, and it's been there a year or so now, so I guess it must be OK. I'm just saying my personal would be for fewer seperate forums.

I don't know why Yaris isn't split more - perhaps an Admin will explain?

Sorry, can't help with headlight other than to say that it suggests that there is a leak and moisture is getting in; you could check that there's a rubber boot around the holes where the bulbs fit through. Other than that it's probably a crack in the lens or where the lens meets the back of the light. I don't know if that would be repairable. Anyone? Lights for most models are available on eBay with prices from < £10 to > £100.

HTH

Hi El_En and welcome to the Yaris forums!

Some answers to your questions :thumbsup:

And why when I did a search for CDX on this forum did it return no results?? :huh:

This is because a search can only do words with 4 letters or more. Unfortunately this is the forum software that does this and it's not under TOC's control.

There are so many models of Yaris that it would be a pretty pointless exercise, the majority of Yaris specification, such as electrics, engines etc are across the range of models anyway rather than model-specific.

I respect your & value your opinion, but surely the point isn't that the thread is active but that the user can find the relevant info they are looking for easily & quickly. If I need info about MY car, I don't want to be trudging through lots of useless info about other cars before I find it (IF I find it). I get bored very easily, & will post questions which have been posted a zillion times before, i'm sure that is even more of a bore for you than a thread being a bit slow.

The majority of the information on the forum is relevant to ALL models of Yaris. So you should be able to find the help you are looking for - and if not please feel free to ask. You will not be berated for it.

I hope this helps and explains things! Feel free to PM me if you need further help. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links