Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Turbo

ch_shabs

hello i have a toyota corolla gti ae92, i want 2 do a turbo conversion usin a mr2 turbo engine, could ne1 tell me if this is possible and do u kno hu can do the conversion for me, please reply thankss shabs

hello i have a toyota corolla gti ae92, i want 2 do a turbo conversion usin a mr2 turbo engine, could ne1 tell me if this is possible and do u kno hu can do the conversion for me, please reply thankss shabs

You may get more replies in the Corolla section..............Hold tight ...........I will transfer you there :thumbsup:

It is possible but difficult. Engine mountings and wiring will be the most complicated issues. However it has been done and the best example of what is achievable has to be Dawesy's Corolla which you will find on this forum. Its also using a 3SGTE engine but from a Celica GT4 if I am correct.

You can see his website here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.dawes/ Dont think it has been updated to show how it looks now but you will get the idea!

yeah it can be done but you will need deep pockets.

if you do a lot of the work yourself and include suspension and brake upgrades then look at around £5-6 K depending how much you get the parts for.

the hardest thing to get are the levin supercharger driveshafts as they arnt to common but are necessary for the job.

as said the hardest part is really the wiring and the engine mounts, although the latter depends on your fabrication/welding skills

CH SHABS WHERE IN manchester you at

You may get more replies in the Corolla section..............Hold tight ...........I will transfer you there :thumbsup:

thanks for the transfer appreciate it

It is possible but difficult. Engine mountings and wiring will be the most complicated issues. However it has been done and the best example of what is achievable has to be Dawesy's Corolla which you will find on this forum. Its also using a 3SGTE engine but from a Celica GT4 if I am correct.

thanks

yeah it can be done but you will need deep pockets.

if you do a lot of the work yourself and include suspension and brake upgrades then look at around £5-6 K depending how much you get the parts for.

the hardest thing to get are the levin supercharger driveshafts as they arnt to common but are necessary for the job.

as said the hardest part is really the wiring and the engine mounts, although the latter depends on your fabrication/welding skills

thanks so u got a celica gt4 engine in yours and the mr2 gearbox, did you not ever think abou usin the gt4 gearbox and changin the corolla into a 4wd or cant that be dne?

can be done but the rolla was built for drag racing and in the 4WD class if you haven't got 800+bhp you ain't getting near the top.

plus you can add another £3-4K on top of the normal conversion for 4WD. you will need new fuel tank and pipe work, new rear subframe fabricating, tunnel modding for the exhaust etc.

the rolla may well go the 4WD rout but not just yet.

as a rough guide expect to pay around the £2k mark for labour alone on a 3S conversion

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links