Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need An Engine

kularm

Hi guys, does anyone know of someone who has a spare 1.5 engine? mine kinda broke and its replacement time. pm me or reply below, cheers.

Can I ask how it broke? :unsure:

See his old thread.

kularm, have you thought about asking Toyota for a price of a new engine?

Or try here :thumbsup:

Ye it broke because of a very short spell of driving with no oil on the motorway (It was too late once I had started driving). And I have tried the reconditioned engine places, I've been quoted prices from £350 -£1300

Ye it broke because of a very short spell of driving with no oil on the motorway (It was too late once I had started driving). And I have tried the reconditioned engine places, I've been quoted prices from £350 -£1300

How come you had no oil? i hope there isnt a problem developing with the yaris. i only ask coz we had alot of jeep cherokees recalled at work due to an issue with the main oil feed pipe to the engine blowing off! i hope its not some thing similar!

Yes but Jeeps are USA junk with crap build quality!

Clarkson slates the yankee cars with good reason - They're cheap disposable goods, where as a Japanese or European car is built to last!

My Yaris doesn't burn a DROP of oil - I check the dipstick every now and then, and it's always at the max line, right where it was left, last time it was serviced - How brilliant is that?! :D

It makes me think how amazing are the seals & insides of the engine, if it doesn't burn ANY oil - wow, thats precision made!!

Ye it broke because of a very short spell of driving with no oil on the motorway

Always a fatal mistake :crybaby:

How come you had no oil? i hope there isnt a problem developing with the yaris.

No problems at all. I would think it was down to driver error.

My Yaris doesn't burn a DROP of oil - I check the dipstick every now and then, and it's always at the max line, right where it was left, last time it was serviced

Same here, in fact it comes out clean when the oil is changed :thumbsup:

Yes but Jeeps are USA junk with crap build quality!

Clarkson slates the yankee cars with good reason - They're cheap disposable goods, where as a Japanese or European car is built to last!

My Yaris doesn't burn a DROP of oil - I check the dipstick every now and then, and it's always at the max line, right where it was left, last time it was serviced - How brilliant is that?! :D

It makes me think how amazing are the seals & insides of the engine, if it doesn't burn ANY oil - wow, thats precision made!!

I totally agree!! i hate workin on the things!!! Chrysler crossfire is a laugh tho and the 5.7 hemi grand cherokee is like a rocket! but i think i'll stick to my t sport!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, does anyone know of someone who has a spare 1.5 engine? mine kinda broke and its replacement time. pm me or reply below, cheers.

Hey there i had my car written off a few weeks ago, it was hit on the RHD side of the bonnet and wing and has crumpled the chassis. But the only damage done to the engine was the alternator belt was ripped of the pulleys. apart from that all is fine. the only problem is the engine is still in the car. i would probably take about 400 for the engine. if interesed? its only done 57k and car was on a 'y' reg with full service history.

Thanks toyotekk1,

Just awaiting my mechanics diag of the engine to see if we'll need a straight replacement or whether we have to go smaller and just order a few parts. TBH id rather a new engine cause i was looking at turning it into a demo car for my forthcoming business and with that, some track days are needed hence ill need a reliable engine. Ill let you know in short time whether im interested in the engine or not.

Many thanks

Michael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links