Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Wheel Arch Extension Adrift

mrpixel

I'm on my third Rav4 since they were introduced and currently have a 2004 3D XT3 which I just love. Somehow, the offside rear wheel arch extension (not sure of the exact part name but it is the plastic arch trimming over the back wheel) has come away from the bodywork at one end. I have tried pressing it back into place but no luck. The trouble is, I don't understand how it is fixed. There is some kind of clip just visible. Does anybody know how to get this back in position. I'd rather not have to take it into a dealer because they will probably want to replace the entire back wing :(

Thanks in advance.

Hi...

Although I have an earlier model Rav4 (a 98 Mk2), it may be that the wing arch is fixed in a similar way. I have the same problem... the arch on mine is fixed to the body by round plastic clips that are secured to the arch, pass through holes in the vehicle body and then 'flare' out inside the wing. On my plastic clips there are little flared wings that when the clip is inserted in the body hole they should 'spring' out stopping the clip/arch from passing back through the body! Possibly the flares are not biting in your case. If the part of the arch fixing is behind the rear side panel trim you will probably have to remove that to get access to it. There is a storage box on my vehicle fitted to the side panel... however, I have not tried removing that. If that does come out without removing the side panel you may be able to gain access through there? When you have gained access to the inside part of the errant plastic clip, get someone to push the arch back in place (from outside) and using a small terminal screwdriver you may be able to 'open' the flares enough to prevent the clip from falling out of the body hole.

I could kick myself... because I had the rear side panels off a week or so ago to wire in a tow bar wiring kit. I never thought to do the arch clip then, d'oh! Still it's quite easy to remove the side panels... (just don't break any clips :D )

DaveH

I'm on my third Rav4 since they were introduced and currently have a 2004 3D XT3 which I just love. Somehow, the offside rear wheel arch extension (not sure of the exact part name but it is the plastic arch trimming over the back wheel) has come away from the bodywork at one end. I have tried pressing it back into place but no luck. The trouble is, I don't understand how it is fixed. There is some kind of clip just visible. Does anybody know how to get this back in position. I'd rather not have to take it into a dealer because they will probably want to replace the entire back wing :(

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links