Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsc

construder

Hi all,

I'm thinking of byuing an Auris with the VSC system. Does anyone know if there's any button you can disable this sytem? If not, can anyone tell me how "sensitive" is this system, i.e: how easily does it come to interfere with your driving?

Thanks a lot,

John

Hi all,

I'm thinking of byuing an Auris with the VSC system. Does anyone know if there's any button you can disable this sytem? If not, can anyone tell me how "sensitive" is this system, i.e: how easily does it come to interfere with your driving?

Thanks a lot,

John

VSC comes highly recommended and it works wonders on my T180 not that i have pushed it on the open road. I did test it in some free open space and the normal Auris over steered and started going sideways needing correction, the T180 held its line and the VSC system did its job very well. Its piece of mind at the end of the day because it could save your life if you had to suddenly swerve its an assist i would gladly have if it helped even just a bit.

Yes you can turn it off, in my T180 the traction control button if pressed in for something like more than 3 seconds will disable VSC and the LED lights up on the dashboard.

Oh and its not sensitive - you really have to push the car to far for it to kick in. On the normal Auris i was driving around in a circle at about 30mph which is fast if you have ever tried. I then decided to accelerate to which the car over steered. In the T180 with traction control and VSC it allowed me to speed up and at the point the car decided the traction control couldn't control the increase in power and it was going to over steer the car compensated by braking and adjusting power. Good thing is you still feel in control.

Bottom line you have to be driving like an idiot before it kicks in so technically it should never kick in ;)

OldSko i'm really grateful for your prompt and helpful reply (really explanatory ;) ;) ). Can you please describe me where exactly is the VSC button positioned? I'm not from the UK (i'm from greece), so i was wondering if Auris cars in my country have a different spec than those sold in the UK. Is there any chance cars imported to greece will not have the same VSC button?

i think i'll probably go for it (Even if it costs around 500 pounds). at the end of the day, it does indeed contribute to the overall safety of the car. however, the local dealer told me that delivery time for VSC-enabled cars takes about 4-5 months. Does it take that long for an Auris car to be delivered in the UK?

It would not take that long for a VSC car in the UK, but we do build hem here so you would not expect a delay! VS is fantastic, but as stated, it is great safety feature, and not one which will spoil your enjoyment of the car, it's just nice to know it's there if ever needed, Cheers, Kingo :thumbsup:

VSC button is located in the left side (in cars with steering wheel on the left) next to the electric adjust of rear view mirrors, height of headlights and in my case next to the alarm indication LED.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links