Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.6 - Cant Go Straight !

sbcellis

G'day.

I have bought a Toyota Auris, driving it for 3 month.

But the damm thing is pulling to the right. particularly under

accellation but also when driving on the highway.

Toyota Denmark have been trying to fix the problem, without luck.

Is there some one with the same problem.

Best Regards

Soren

hey

yes i sometimes have this problem but my auris pulls to the left (We drive on the left side of the road) at first i thought it was just the camber of the road pull me left but when driving on the motorway it starts to pull to the left aswell, i was worried but this happened to my sisters toyota yaris aswell im not sure if its a toyota problem but im sure when i first got the auris it had no problems driving straight with hands off the wheel.

I have also noticed this. Mine is mostly going to the left, but on a few occasions, it's been going to the right aswell.

My theory is that the steering wheel is too easy to turn. I think this might cause the car to follow bumps and slopes on the road.

There's not enough resistance in the servo. I don't know for sure that this is the soloution, but since my auris can pull to both sides, I figured this might be the reason.

I noticed this but only in some roads and not that much. Please note that you are suposed to drive with both hands on the steering wheel besides some constructors do this on purpose. The reason is if you fall a sleep the car won't go into the other lane and simply will crash or not in the edge of the road as so avoiding a possible front collision. What you should check is the tyres "eating" are going ok, i.e., if you don't more "eating" on one of the sides of the tyre or tyres. If you have then steering is not properly calibrated and then yes you have problem.

Note that I don't know how much "auto" steering the car is making so this may not apply.

I know for one Corolla Verso in Croatia, pulling to the left from first day. After few months and centering wheels in service (two times) without luck, they are finally find a problem. Car is lower 1-1.5 inches on left side! In factory they are put shorter springs or bumpers on left side of car!?!

There are different type of BOLTS to set the camber on the frontwheels , i mean those 2 bolts that connect the shockabsober just above the driveshaft ( don,t now the word for it in English ) behind the disk maybe you have to let this checked out by the dealer

Just to report, that the problem is fixed.

5 Toyota-garage visit and the 3. set of different tyres.

ContiPremiumContact 2 and the problem nearly gone.

There's not enough resistance in the servo and you have to adjust your driving to that.

Best Regards

Søren

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links