Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod In A Verso

coffee_junkie

I am seriously considering getting an IPod, which I will use primarily in the car. I have read several posts on this subject, but there doesn't seem to be much of a general census.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of fitting an IPod into a Corolla Verso, and which kits are the best? I don't want an FM Modulator as I would prefer a better sound quality.

Is my only other option to connect to the CD Changer plug and do you get one in the T180 or does the DVD use that input?

Is this something Toyota undertake, or have a got to pull my new car to bits myself?

As you can see I have many questions, and would grateful of any advise from people who have been there and done that!!

Right - well that my posts done, guess I'll sit back and wait to see if I get any replies :eek:

Kris

I am seriously considering getting an IPod, which I will use primarily in the car. I have read several posts on this subject, but there doesn't seem to be much of a general census.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of fitting an IPod into a Corolla Verso, and which kits are the best? I don't want an FM Modulator as I would prefer a better sound quality.

Is my only other option to connect to the CD Changer plug and do you get one in the T180 or does the DVD use that input?

Is this something Toyota undertake, or have a got to pull my new car to bits myself?

As you can see I have many questions, and would grateful of any advise from people who have been there and done that!!

Right - well that my posts done, guess I'll sit back and wait to see if I get any replies :eek:

Kris

I dont use an Ipod but did notice Toyota offer a official option that can be fitted by your dealer

Reading the AIM on the toyota documentation database it seems it shows track details etc on the radio display - no idea of cost - can anyone else help

Kris

I dont use an Ipod but did notice Toyota offer a official option that can be fitted by your dealer

Reading the AIM on the toyota documentation database it seems it shows track details etc on the radio display - no idea of cost - can anyone else help

That sounds great - do you have the link to whatever it was you were reading please???

Try this link

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aim_Schre...admin=&lan=

If no good look on http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com in the aim section (Accessory Installation Manual) for all accesory documentation A great site!!

Toyota dealers can supply an ipod connection, as below:

63217800_o.jpg

The cost is £143.57 RETAIL plus an hours fitting, Kingo gives discounts to TOC members

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

That’s great – thanks so much for the info, I will have a word with my dealer next time I'm passing, as I think I would rather they fitted it, rather than me pulling my new car to bits and then voiding the warranty or something :unsure:

While we are on the subject of extras, does anyone know anything about, or have the bluetooth option fitted? When I was looking at the Verso's I was told it came with the TR, and yet not with the T180 - doh!

My old boss has a new Peugeot and his bluetooth connects with his phone, and allows the car to interface with his address book as well as turning off the Radio during an incoming call and being a hands free device!! Is that how the Verso's one works, and can I add it as an optional extra, and if so how much??

Also, can they get the extra buttons into my existing steering wheel, without having to unpack the airbag etc?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is saving me hours on the phone :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi. I am new in this forum as I have only had my Sol Pack Corolla Verso for 3 days. It is really great. My only disappointment so far is the ipod integration kit. I have the gps nav screen and acc. to the salesman in my toyota dealer here in Brussels I can only choose between the first 6 playlists! The ipod player thus works like a cd changer with max 6 cds. And it doesn't tell the names of the playlists. Or the names of the tracks! That seems only available on the non-gps toyotas! Why I cannot play whatever I have on my iPod, I also don't get. Anyway, think twice before buying this kit... But maybe I am doing something wrong. If so, I'd love to hear. Or how the Toyota reads my playlists as it does not seem to be acc. to alphabetical order, date of creation etc.

Thanks in advance

John

Brussels

I did read something about tracks and play lists on the instructions......I will try and find them for you, there are a lot of limitations to this kit, strange as it's an Apple approved product!

The instruction manual is larger then 1mb, if anybody wants a copy, please PM me with your email address and I will mail it over to you

• 1 month later...

My Toyota Dealer wants alot more than that I'm afraid! They quoted me

£272.16 for the iPod Connection and £268.97 for the bluetooth although I did find the Tech Pack at £450 online

I can get the Dension kit that includes

The iPod connector

An Active Cradel

An intergrated bluetooth kit

And a damage free mounting kit for £170

However I need to know what head unit I have, it is the standard one fitted to Verso's, mine is an 07 Verso T180 (No Sat Nav)

My choices on the Dension website are:

Toyota (01-05) Fujitsu ten, matsu*****a, Ten CD changer Panasonic Radio

Toyota 2005 -> Picnic, RAV4, Avensis, Corolla with Navi B9001 Radios

Does anyone know which if any is the right one??

Thanks in advance,

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I've now had my Verso for 2 months and an Ipod for a month. I currently use a Belkin Tunebase to receive an FM signal to the radio, it does a fair job (the Belkin can be set to Japanese frequency, below the UK's 88mhz start, so the signal is good) but I get interference from the heater fan and windscreen wipers.

To be honest, it's not good enough, there's no point in having the Ipod if I can't enjoy the music. I'm thinking about getting a decent connection but my budget is limited, has anyone fitted one of these units;

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=11

In the end I went for the Toyota iPod solution at £140 from Parts King (thanks to him by the way) he even sent me a detailed PDF on how to fit. Will feed back when I have fitted it to let you know how you get on.

The Desion Unit I mensioned did not have a suitable bluetooth solution - in the end in fact it was rubbish. And as they weren't sure the Toyota bluetooth kit would integrate with there iPod kit I decided to buy the Toyota bluetooth kit as well (I also bought that from Parts King - I will report back on the fitting of that as well when I have completed it)

• 4 months later...

hi all - just wondering coffee_junkie how you got on fitting the ipod solution to your verso? was looking at getting one - local dealer wants 400 euros !! to install and fit so if it is reasonably straight forward may buy and do it myself.

Cheers

Robert.

Hi,

I just got a new 08 plate TSpirit which comes with an Ipod connector (although we didn't order the tech-pack).

This USB connection only integrates with the DVD player - ie you can only play it through the headphones - doh!

I'd like to connect an IPod to my standard toyota head unit.

With the tech pack - do you get the bluetooth handsfree as well as an ipod connecter for the Head unit?

Cheers

Graham

• 5 weeks later...
In the end I went for the Toyota iPod solution at £140 from Parts King (thanks to him by the way) he even sent me a detailed PDF on how to fit. Will feed back when I have fitted it to let you know how you get on.

The Desion Unit I mensioned did not have a suitable bluetooth solution - in the end in fact it was rubbish. And as they weren't sure the Toyota Bluetooth kit would integrate with there iPod kit I decided to buy the Toyota Bluetooth kit as well (I also bought that from Parts King - I will report back on the fitting of that as well when I have completed it)

Did you find everything OK with this kit Coffee_Junkie, I know it fitted OK but were you happy in the end with all the features? I still keep getting asked what they can and cant perform, would be nice to link to a testimonial if you were happy with the kit ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I have a Verso TR which has a 6 CD changer under the driver seat. If I get an iPod kit fitted, will this mean I can't use the changer unit?

Thanks

Graham

• 4 weeks later...
Hello!

I have a Verso TR which has a 6 CD changer under the driver seat. If I get an iPod kit fitted, will this mean I can't use the changer unit?

Thanks

Graham

There are some you can get that keep the CD Changer connection, think it might be Dension but cant be sure off the top of my head.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links