Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Website Customer Service

doobs

I recently tried to post a review of my Auris on the Toyota website. I can not include my review as after posting it just says " thanks for the review etc". After several chase up emails to them I received a reply as follows

"Thank you for your comments, we can inform you that your owners review has

not been chosen to go live on the website."

Bearing in mind, they did not respond either very quickly or not at all to my earlier emails, my reply to this was

Thanks -a reply at last. However, I am most disappointed. As I had to chase

this several times, the question has to be asked were you ever going to

inform me about the progress of my review - I suspect not.

can you enlighten me as why you chose not to publish my review? - was it

because I was too critical??

If you are in control of what is published (I always suspected this was the

case), perhaps you should withdraw the following statement from the owners

review web page "All reviews are entirely independent and are published in

full." as this is clearly not the case

Poor service IMO

They certainly do publish critical reviews on their website and in the "In House" magazine

Maybe your review was not written in a style suitable for publication........................they do reserve the right to edit or omit ANY reviews.

They certainly do publish critical reviews on their website and in the "In House" magazine

Maybe your review was not written in a style suitable for publication........................they do reserve the right to edit or omit ANY reviews.

I was critical in parts of the review, but I hoped they would publish it even if they had to edit it - i say this because their webpage also says "So long as it meets our editorial standards, your review will be published on our website in full" - however this contradicts the earlier mentioned quote "All reviews are entirely independent and are published in full". It still would have been courteous to told me about their intention not to publish though

There will always be an editorial "Balance" between good and bad, either way makes it look contrived if your not careful. They own the site, and have to make a judgement on the correct "Balance"Write another review, maybe in a little different style, it may get published then. As for slow responses, TGB customer relations is a VERY busy, under staffed dept IMHO. They do there very best with the resources available

Kingo :thumbsup:

Now there is a surprise

Quote doobs

perhaps it should read

All reviews are entirely independent and are published in

full." as long as there is only very mild criticism of Toyota

There is no excuse for not replying to doobs and and I am sure TGB customer relations are extremely busy but I would guess they need to employ some more customer service advisers if the level of complaints are on the up and cannot cope .

It can take up to 20 years for a company to build up a reputation and take 20 months to lose it ! we seem to be getting more and more complaints about Toyota customer services

Now there is a surprise

Quote doobs

perhaps it should read

All reviews are entirely independent and are published in

full." as long as there is only very mild criticism of Toyota

There is no excuse for not replying to doobs and and I am sure TGB customer relations are extremely busy but I would guess they need to employ some more customer service advisers if the level of complaints are on the up and cannot cope .

It can take up to 20 years for a company to build up a reputation and take 20 months to lose it ! we seem to be getting more and more complaints about Toyota customer services

Thanks for the support - I previously owned a corolla which surprisingly had a few reliability issues but i still chose another Toyota - i still like the Auris otherwise i would not have bought it. I happen to think that whether you provide a service be it web based or showroom based, you should ensure the resources can cope with demand. Web based communication is the modern way - and companies such as Toyoata should recognise this. rant over

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links