Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Joining The Auris Ranks

weebo15

Hi all,

I ordered a new Auris last week, and found this useful forum a couple of days ago.

I've opted for a 2.0 D-4D T-Spirit, in Eclipse Black so will be getting the 'Sahara Stone' interior, hopefully I'll be able to keep it clean! I have opted for the VSC & TRC, as well as the Tech Pack.

My choice was between a Seat Leon 1.6 Stylance, or the Auris. In July I took up the 2 Day test drive option and drove a 1.6 VVti T3, and found the car to drive well, although because the engine was so quiet, felt that it was underpowered - however I knew this was not the case.

So the upshot is I'm really looking forward to Delivery day - no actual date confirmed as yet as I have ordered it from a finance company as they do special offers for employees of the company I work for, which was one of the deciding factors for the Auris as it was a fair bit cheaper than the SEAT. The downshot to this being that they have contacted the dealer themselves, but they contacted me this morning to confirm the specs. The dealer they are using in Minories of Sunderland, and reckon I'll be waiting 4 - 6 weeks. Here's hoping it doesn't arrive with 320 miles on the clock!

I do have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be able to help me with, relating to the Tech Pack.

I have read on here the issues with the iPod connector and the Sat Nav. As I have not opted for the SatNav, how does the iPod connector work with the standard stereo? Do I still need to set up playlists rather than just use the iPod menus?

How easy is it to use the bluetooth connection? The only factory fitted bluetooth I have seen is on the SEAT Leon, and on that the contact list is shown on the dashboard where the trip computer and other data is displayed. Does it work in a similar manner on the Auris?

I'm chomping at the bit now, although I might have to delay delivery for a few days as the finance on my 1.2 Ibiza isn't up until the end end of October, so I might not be able to insure the Auris until then :(

Hi all,

I ordered a new Auris last week, and found this useful forum a couple of days ago.

I've opted for a 2.0 D-4D T-Spirit, in Eclipse Black so will be getting the 'Sahara Stone' interior, hopefully I'll be able to keep it clean! I have opted for the VSC & TRC, as well as the Tech Pack.

My choice was between a Seat Leon 1.6 Stylance, or the Auris. In July I took up the 2 Day test drive option and drove a 1.6 VVti T3, and found the car to drive well, although because the engine was so quiet, felt that it was underpowered - however I knew this was not the case.

So the upshot is I'm really looking forward to Delivery day - no actual date confirmed as yet as I have ordered it from a finance company as they do special offers for employees of the company I work for, which was one of the deciding factors for the Auris as it was a fair bit cheaper than the SEAT. The downshot to this being that they have contacted the dealer themselves, but they contacted me this morning to confirm the specs. The dealer they are using in Minories of Sunderland, and reckon I'll be waiting 4 - 6 weeks. Here's hoping it doesn't arrive with 320 miles on the clock!

I do have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be able to help me with, relating to the Tech Pack.

I have read on here the issues with the iPod connector and the Sat Nav. As I have not opted for the SatNav, how does the iPod connector work with the standard stereo? Do I still need to set up playlists rather than just use the iPod menus?

How easy is it to use the Bluetooth connection? The only factory fitted Bluetooth I have seen is on the SEAT Leon, and on that the contact list is shown on the dashboard where the trip computer and other data is displayed. Does it work in a similar manner on the Auris?

I'm chomping at the bit now, although I might have to delay delivery for a few days as the finance on my 1.2 Ibiza isn't up until the end end of October, so I might not be able to insure the Auris until then :(

You are in for a surprise; the 2.0ltr diesel is so much more responsive and fun to drive than the petrol... especially if you didnt take a test drive in one.

Its very hard to adjust to the 1.6 after driving even the 2.0d let alone the t180. VERY different drive, you have to rev the 1.6 a lot!

We have a RAV4 XTR too in diesel form and in all makes and models the equivalent diesel i find to be much more enjoyable and capable engine to drive. That said not all people like diesel and its engines characteristics.

Hi all,

How easy is it to use the Bluetooth connection? The only factory fitted Bluetooth I have seen is on the SEAT Leon, and on that the contact list is shown on the dashboard where the trip computer and other data is displayed. Does it work in a similar manner on the Auris?

Check out the toyota phone list & it will work out fine. the list also contains the available functions.

They phonebook/contactlist is supported by Object Push Protocol (OPP) . so if your phone support this protocol, it will be fine :thumbsup:

Compatible BT mobliephone list

Greetz,

You are in for a surprise; the 2.0ltr diesel is so much more responsive and fun to drive than the petrol... especially if you didnt take a test drive in one.

Its very hard to adjust to the 1.6 after driving even the 2.0d let alone the t180. VERY different drive, you have to rev the 1.6 a lot!

We have a RAV4 XTR too in diesel form and in all makes and models the equivalent diesel i find to be much more enjoyable and capable engine to drive. That said not all people like diesel and its engines characteristics.

Thank you!

I'm looking forward to the diesel. My friend had the diesel T-Spirit on the 2-day test drive and said it was excellent, and I trust him with his opinions on matters like this.

I'm no stranger to diesel's, my Dad has a 306 2.0HDi 90 which drives well, so I'm wondering how the extra HP and Torque will feel on my d-4D in comparison.

Check out the toyota phone list & it will work out fine. the list also contains the available functions.

They phonebook/contactlist is supported by Object Push Protocol (OPP) . so if your phone support this protocol, it will be fine :thumbsup:

Greetz,

Thanks for your help, my phone does have the OPP protocol, but I want to replace it soon as it's my old phone, and I don't like the upgrade I bought a few months ago. I see that list does not have a lot of recent phones in it, so I am nervous for when I switch to a new mobile network in a few months.

Regards

Phil

Thank you!

I'm looking forward to the diesel. My friend had the diesel T-Spirit on the 2-day test drive and said it was excellent, and I trust him with his opinions on matters like this.

I'm no stranger to diesel's, my Dad has a 306 2.0HDi 90 which drives well, so I'm wondering how the extra HP and Torque will feel on my d-4D in comparison.

Greetz,

Thanks for your help, my phone does have the OPP protocol, but I want to replace it soon as it's my old phone, and I don't like the upgrade I bought a few months ago. I see that list does not have a lot of recent phones in it, so I am nervous for when I switch to a new mobile network in a few months.

Regards

Phil

don't know about the ipod connector as i do not have one but i have downloaded mp3 songs via media player using the "burn as data cd" method and you can store 150-160 songs on a single cd - using random facility turns the cd into a mini jukebox - just another option to the ipod method

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links