Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Conversion Questions And Chat Topic.

steffsrees

What is the biggest engine thatl fit straight into a 53 plate 1.0 yaris? well more or less straight any little mods i can handle.

thanks guys

more to think about than just the engine

im pretty sure a t sport engine would go in?

but then you need new ecu, brakes, suspention

may aswell just put the money towards another car mate

sure the tech head will be along to tell you in more detail soon

What is the biggest engine thatl fit straight into a 53 plate 1.0 yaris? well more or less straight any little mods i can handle.

thanks guys

We've had this topic on numerous occasions mate and I think the bottom line goes something like this, if you want a quicker car producing more bhp, etc then simply buy one!

id quite like to know this too tbh. not really interested in tsport as whats the point of doing that transplant if you could just go buy a tsport. more interested in something like glanza turbo engine or poss a 1.6 supercharged trueno lump.

is there not 1.8 vitz,s in japland?

id quite like to know this too tbh. not really interested in tsport as whats the point of doing that transplant if you could just go buy a tsport. more interested in something like glanza turbo engine or poss a 1.6 supercharged trueno lump.

is there not 1.8 vitz,s in japland?

Yeah that's fair enough I spose! On that topic, has anyone seen this months Redline mag with the mid engined Mr2 Yari????

Waste of time effort and money.

As already said, save you pennies and buy a bigger engine car which will have all the other components (brakes, suspension, exhaust etc) to match the increased power/acceleration/speed.

:thumbsup:

im not really bothered like at all about the engine in my car at the moment, anyways i do have a quick car a little kit car thingy me and my father built with an apselute animal of an engine so that satifies me enough.

I like it whenever this question gets asked the same responces get said - No Point, Waste of Money etc etc

Some people may want to add a different engine to make their car different/special some might do it just for performance and exclusivity.

Im pretty sure most people know that it's going to be expensive and difficult ;)

i agree there is def an interest in transplants. anyone know what engines came as std in the vitz in japland? a list would help me source something a bit more interesting lol

Is a Yaris light enough to fit a hyabusa bike engine ? I've seen a polo on youtube with a 1000cc bike engine ?

i agree there is def an interest in transplants. anyone know what engines came as std in the vitz in japland? a list would help me source something a bit more interesting lol

a 1.0l (same as UK)

a 1.3l (same as UK)

a 1.5l (same as UK)

a 1.5l Turbo (good luck finding one)

from memory the 1.0 and 1.3 lumps supplied from Japan were a different engine. Japan production had an aluminium block engine (NZ?) and Euro production had cast iron blocks (SZ). Uero engines heavier but more powerful from memory. Roughly same power to weight

Waste of time effort and money.

As already said, save you pennies and buy a bigger engine car which will have all the other components (brakes, suspension, exhaust etc) to match the increased power/acceleration/speed.

:thumbsup:

T'was a tyre company that built it though! A sample of what can be done, money no real issue for them. Also, they are giving it away in a competition so some lucky punter will be driving (Or putting in a car museum) A one-off!

from memory the 1.0 and 1.3 lumps supplied from Japan were a different engine. Japan production had an aluminium block engine (NZ?) and Euro production had cast iron blocks (SZ). Uero engines heavier but more powerful from memory. Roughly same power to weight

They're the same engines dude, trust me ;)

Is a Yaris light enough to fit a hyabusa bike engine ? I've seen a polo on youtube with a 1000cc bike engine ?

My father said that drop a huyabusa engine in there could buy my uncles old one they dont make em like that anymore lol.

hmmm maybe a 1.3 fully tunned metro turbo engine that i already own would be a nice one thou, alot of work i suppose.

4E-FTE ,4A-GE/GZE should all fit in as would a 3S-GTE but the latter would require huge amounts of work and fabrication.

why oh why does every one say "dont bother buy a more powerful car" it really chaps my *****. if the guy has the money then why shouldnt he it would end up a more unique car than any of you have, and trust me there is nothing more satisfying than kicking a more superior car with somthing that is seen as slow and boring. as long as all areas are delt with, suspension/brakes etc, then there really is no reason why he shouldnt go for it.

remember some lead like lions others follow like sheep

yea mate but you started with a quick car (parents used to ave one) and made it in to a stuuuuupidy quick one lol

lads starting with a 1.0litre yaris just dont see the point

suppose its down to personal opinion really

if ya wanna do it then do it dnt let someones opinion on a forum stop u

yeah but its not what you start with its what you end up with ;)

rolla was only 130bhp when i had it (tad more now :D )

lol just a little weeeeeee bit

suprised your exhaust doesnt give birth to ponies with the BHP under that thing

n suppose so think my opinion is based on the fact that im skint n cud no way afford an engine transplant lol

plus the yaris isnt the greatest car ever in the corners n i worry about what that extra power will do to the handling

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links