Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Gear

gordonjsinclair@hotmail.com

Have had the Rav 4 Granite since new 2005 , mileage 27000 now.

I have noticed since new that when I try to engage the reverse gear from either hot or cold gear box sometimes it does not engage however if I depress the clutch and try again it goes in easy.

Anyone else have this happen (not a real problem and I can live with it) BUT for warranty purposes I would like to hear from anyone.

It indicates that your clutch is working too well! Occasionally when you press the clutch and try to engage reverse, the gears will stop "tooth on tooth". By just releasing the clutch slightly it allows the gears to turn and the gear will then engage (sometimes with a little crunch!).

Don't worry it is quite normal. 4.3's tend not to do it because they have a synchromesh to aid reverse selection.

Cheers

Gordon, mines an 05 diesel and its exactly the same. Would 'nt bother too much about it if I was you.

Dave.

Gordon, mines an 05 diesel and its exactly the same. Would 'nt bother too much about it if I was you.

Dave.

Thanks Dave.

Dave.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Blimey Dave you been thumbing through mail order catalogues again.....

Sorry have too look at the picture again....

Chatman, ha ha another slow day at work. So bored i decided to look at every Toyota

page on photobucket (10,00 items) and pinched a few. :lol::lol:

Dave.

Have had the Rav 4 Granite since new 2005 , mileage 27000 now.

I have noticed since new that when I try to engage the reverse gear from either hot or cold gear box sometimes it does not engage however if I depress the clutch and try again it goes in easy.

Anyone else have this happen (not a real problem and I can live with it) BUT for warranty purposes I would like to hear from anyone.

Mine is an 04 registered XT4 and it's the same. Had several Corollas in the family in the past as well and they were the same.

Hi,

I had a 2004 XT3 D4D up to yesterday - that did it as well.

Now have a rather tasty T180...

Astral T180

:rolleyes:

Well congratulations and welcome to the club.

Tell us more.........

Is it new, what colour, photo's?

Thanks Anchorman, good to be here.

She (why are cars always "she"?) is an ex-demo brute in Astral Black, first reg 28.06.07, bought from dealer, with 2,100 on it as of this morning. Part exed my very nice '04 XT3 D4D (only 12, 200 miles on it) - just fell in love with the T machine - style pack on it too. Keep an eye out for the XT3 - it'll be a good buy for someone!

T180 seems much quieter that the XT3 - is that down to robust sound-deadening or just a quieter engine? Superb to drive and quite a bit more 'poke' in it that the XT3.

Conscious of going off topic here, but phots to follow in due course.

Cheers,

Astral T180

Hey Astral, dont worry about going off topic we do it all the time :lol: in fact you'd be hard pushed to find

a thread that stays on topic. Anyway welcome to TOC excellent choice of Rav. Good luck with it.

Dave :thumbsup:

Hey Astral, dont worry about going off topic we do it all the time :lol: in fact you'd be hard pushed to find

a thread that stays on topic. Anyway welcome to TOC excellent choice of Rav. Good luck with it.

Dave :thumbsup:

Astral welcome to the TOC club (mad house RAV forum :P :P :P ) and another T180......in black and not silver :thumbsup:

Best start getting more 2p in my Save 4 T180 jar......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links