Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh Dear

Penelope Pitstop

:crybaby: Today whilst driving through Manchester,,i have scuffed my alloy wheel :crybaby::crybaby: It looks a mess....How are Alloy wheels repaired?????should i take it to Mr T or look someone up in yellow pages to sort it out,,,apart from the Alloy my car is mint......oh and the other alloy i did 2yrs ago ,that wants doing as well:( :( P.P

Ouch! :(

Don't go to Mr T's (unless you like spending money), they would only get it re-furbed anyway. I Googled THIS for you...have a ring around :thumbsup:

Les

Penelope P

alloys are usually buffed up with a special type of polishing machine, and then re-coated/painted to match the original finish. Some dealers offer this service, others not, We do, there is a before and after picture on our website here

If it's not too badly scuffed or worse, bent, they can usually be repaired

Kingo :thumbsup:

when i get them done...do i need to ask them to check the wheel balancing thingy as the jolt of the knock took the wheel almost out of my hand........dont know correct jargon ,,sorry :(...Parts king thanks for the pictures,,although at first when i heard the loud noise, i thought the loud noise was that i had hit the spoiler and bumper which looking at the above picture on your site was what i was expecting,,,dunno if i got off lightly considerin :(

when i get them done...do i need to ask them to check the wheel balancing thingy as the jolt of the knock took the wheel almost out of my hand........dont know correct jargon ,,sorry :(...Parts king thanks for the pictures,,although at first i thought the loud noise was that i had done in the front bumper and spoiler which looking at the above picture on your site was what i was expecting,,,dunno if i got off lightly considerin :(

Tyre will be removed to refurb, so they will have to re-balance the wheel when they refit it. You may need a new tyre too as there could be damage to it that you can't see from the outside; in fact if the bump was that bad you almost certainly need a new tyre.

I'd also recommend a full wheel alignment too as the suspension will very likely have been knocked out of line if it was that big a bump.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links