Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Camber Follow Or Pulling

masterbaits

Just bought a nearly new , dealer owned I think , avensis hatch 2 d4d t3s 07 plate 06 model I beleive 7k on clock.

I think it pulls to the left , ever so slightly and less noticable on motorways , but I have a feeling it will be called camber following by the dealer .Thing is sometimes isnt all the time , and in varying degrees on different road types , and it can still go left in opposite camber ie driving on the rhs.Ive driven a lot of cars , including abroad rentals every year , and dont notice camber follow on focus , astra and fabia.

Anyone with a similar prob , or a way of diagnosing if im correct , or what where could possibly be out of whack , its not much , just a pain having to thumb down constant on the rhs of the steering wheel.

thanks

Don't know if it's the same, but i recently posted a problem i haveHere.

I arranged a meeting with my dealer and i can inform you when i find out

Back in May I bought my 6th Toyota (5th and last Avensis). In May 2007 I bought a 1.8 Avensis T3-S, and the handling is shockingly dangerous. Very light and twitchy. I notice it is worst when turning left. Car spent fair amount of time in dealer during August when they found rear wheel tracking out. After sorting, no difference though. Last Toyota, I'm afraid. Wife too. Plus her driving school (with almost 100 Toyota Yaris).

Afraid that Accountants seem to have taken over from car designers/ builders.

update

friday , had it in for 4 wheel alignment , so far so good but not done much miles but noticeably different.

It now has a REAL camber follow not a pull , the mechanic also noticed it and reccomended it done under warranty.

Cant say its a twitcy feeling on mine , solidly on road and power steering is the best ive had in a car in a while ...ie it has feel.

arnold clark did it , not him personally , but his company.

Heres the numbers that were adjusted from normal

Rim diam 14"

front

lh adj +.05 rh adj +.04 partial toe

set back -.045

lh adj -.049 rh -.069 0.20 deg camber

lh +2.67 rh rh+ 2.59 0.08 deg caster

lh 13.00 rh +12.35 0.65 deg kingpin

lh 12.51 rh +11.66 0.85 incl angle

rear axle

lh +.13 rh +0.09 partial toe

Setback -.04

lh -.81 rh -.73 camber 0.08deg

thrust angle +.02

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links