Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Won't Start

BriansCarina

Hi All

First post, and a problem...

We're trying to get Father-in-law's R Reg Carina E started. It's been sat for a couple of years - not started / moved etc - and they need the space, so we're trying to get it started to sell it.

New Battery, and it turns over a treat. There's plenty of oil, which doesn't look too bad, although it'll want changing pretty much straight away. It's not in a position where we can do it without moving it first.

However, it won't catch. I'm wondering about glow plugs (it's a diesel), but before I get to that point, I want to make sure it's getting enough fuel through. Is there a manual lift pump on the fuel pump on one of these, and if so, where is the main pump, and the manual lift pump?

This might be the first of many questions just to get this thing started. I'm impressed with it so far - most cars I've tried to start after a few months need more than just a new Battery to get them turning over!

Cheers

Ben

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links