Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

*spotted* Corolla Trd T-sport

Armz

Spotted a very nice Corolla last night on Hanger Lane roundabout heading towards Ace Cafe on North Circular.

Very nice car indeed, looked champagne gold colour, with some very nifty xenon lights that really stood out among all the cars in traffic.

03 plate. debadged at the back just a TRD Badge.

Anyone here?

Might consider getting some xenon lights on mine now. Looked fantastic.

Armz.

you think is a trd cos it has a trd Badge on the back ?

what has xenon light got to do with it ??? trd edition corolla dont have it in,fact no e12 corolla come with xenon lights.

unless you can tell more i think is obvious you never seen the real thing before.

yeh i seen that in harrow weald, its a 5 door right?unless there's two...lol

Yeah could well be the same one, 5 door.

Armz.

you think is a trd cos it has a trd badge on the back ?

what has xenon light got to do with it ??? trd edition corolla dont have it in,fact no e12 corolla come with xenon lights.

unless you can tell more i think is obvious you never seen the real thing before.

wow, what anger. lol.

I said it was TRD because that was the only distinguishing factor, along with the xenon lights which really made it stand out. Not to forget it was completely debadged apart from a BIG TRD Badge. This post was intended to find out if the owner was a member, not argue about what makes a Corolla a TRD or not.

cheers.

Armz.

tell me to shut up if im being daft here :) but what is a trd t sport ? turbo ?

TRD could well be turbo, it's based on a T-sport or Compressor., it's just Toyota Race Development Team getting their hands on it and installing all the TRD tuning goodies plus more.

Armz.

yeh i just googled corolla trd and found a vid on youtube of one racing through a desert/rally course. looks amazing :)

There's no such thing as a TRD Corolla in this country, Australia yes, uk no!

Mr T should really have got his act together and launched TRD in this country.

Back to the matter in hand, T128, chill dude!!

Armz was just pointing out a distinguishing feature!!!

;)

Has anyone ever posted one of these threads and have someone own up to being the spotted car? I've posted a few times asking the question and never had anyone confirm it was them. The closest I got was asking who had left a note on my car, and Gemma admitted she had been stalking me.

Has anyone ever posted one of these threads and have someone own up to being the spotted car? I've posted a few times asking the question and never had anyone confirm it was them. The closest I got was asking who had left a note on my car, and Gemma admitted she had been stalking me.

The cars we spot are either not owned by members, or they just don't like to attract attention. Seeing as this is a public board some members have spent a fair bit on their cars, I assume they prefer to remain more discreet than advertise where they drive/park their cars. Better safe than sorry. Although there is no avoiding getting spotted. B)

Have to say i wouldn't be pleased people leaving notes and messages on my car, that includes traffic wardens. lol. Once or twice is ok, but i wouldn't want my car becoming an attraction/hang out for people.

Armz.

Have to say i wouldn't be pleased people leaving notes and messages on my car, that includes traffic wardens. lol. Once or twice is ok, but i wouldn't want my car becoming an attraction/hang out for people.

I have to admit I thought at first when I approached my car that someone had smacked my car and left a note to the affect of "HAHA good luck finding out who hit you". When I got closer I saw it was someone pimping Gemma's site so I knew it was either her or one of her devoted and loyal minions ;) I know there are quite a few people around the Harrow Watford area with a CTS but I am still yet to spot any of them :( Probably because I spend most of my spare time up in Banbury renovating my house. And on that note I spotted a Yaris the other day driving past with a custom plate. I was in the top floor so I missed what the plate said but I *think* it was a YTS.

I have to admit I thought at first when I approached my car that someone had smacked my car and left a note to the affect of "HAHA good luck finding out who hit you". When I got closer I saw it was someone pimping Gemma's site so I knew it was either her or one of her devoted and loyal minions ;) I know there are quite a few people around the Harrow Watford area with a CTS but I am still yet to spot any of them :( Probably because I spend most of my spare time up in Banbury renovating my house. And on that note I spotted a Yaris the other day driving past with a custom plate. I was in the top floor so I missed what the plate said but I *think* it was a YTS.

I don't get the same feeling when i see a t-sport variant of a Yaris or Celica. Even though they are rare. I get much more excited when i see a fellow CTS. I think i may have seen only one compressor in person, apart from the one i was going to buy. And maybe max 4 T-sports including the TRD one during the weekend. But something makes me think that car wasn't even a T-sport, as the champagne gold colour was never a factory option!. So possibly 3 legit T-sports, 2 Celica T-sports and one Yaris T-sport.

Out of curiosity how many Corolla T-sports did toyota make for sale in UK? Was there a limited run of 5000? I know there were 250 compressors (probably around 240 left now though).

Cheers

Armz.

Not seen many CTS at all recently. The last time I saw one was of hanger lane at "Goals Alperton". There's quite a few of us on these boards from West London, but not seen many about. Seen loads of CTR and Mini Cooper S though.

;)

to armz and Norfolf n Chance

you two no need to tell me to chill i am always cool,i am just simply pointing out to you just cos is debage and has a trd Badge dont mean nothing,i guess you two are the type of people buy fake trd toyota's without even knowing if is real aslong it has the trd Badge then it must be real. :D

i think you two need to chill and do some reserach and listen to what people have to say just cos i dont think you seen the real thing dont mean i am attacking you or i am angry, but since you two are taking it so bad i am just gonna let you two carry on now after all it has a TRD Badge and xenon hid so it must real thing !!!!

just for the record once again NO corolla have hid xenon from factory .

;)

you two no need to tell me to chill i am always cool,i am just simply pointing out to you just cos is debage and has a trd Badge dont mean nothing,i guess you two are the type of people buy fake trd toyota's without even knowing if is real aslong it has the trd Badge then it must be real. :D

i think you two need to chill and do some reserach and listen to what people have to say just cos i dont think you seen the real thing dont mean i am attacking you or i am angry, but since you two are taking it so bad i am just gonna let you two carry on now after all it has a TRD Badge and xenon hid so it must real thing !!!!

Looks like you have completely missed the point unlike others in this thread. I stated the badge was the only DISTINGUISHING factor, along with the xenon lights. Wether it's the real deal or not, i don't really have any opinion as this thread was NOT intended for that.

Please pay more attention to the thread and not what you 'think' is being said. Read what 'IS' being said.

Cheers

Armz.

Not seen many CTS at all recently. The last time I saw one was of hanger lane at "Goals Alperton". There's quite a few of us on these boards from West London, but not seen many about. Seen loads of CTR and Mini Cooper S though.

Ah Goals Alperton, i go past it almost everyday. What colour what the one you spotted? lol, only other one i seen a few times near goals is a silver 03 plate t-sport.

Armz.

Ah Goals Alperton, i go past it almost everyday. What colour what the one you spotted? lol, only other one i seen a few times near goals is a silver 03 plate t-sport.

Armz.

Couldn't see properly as it was dark and only saw the rear end, but from what I can gather it looks silver prefacelift. Don't about you guys but that was about the 3rd/4th one i've seen around west london.

Armz.

Couldn't see properly as it was dark and only saw the rear end, but from what I can gather it looks silver prefacelift. Don't about you guys but that was about the 3rd/4th one i've seen around west london.

It's got to be the one i saw then. 5 Door. I usually see a guy driving it, with light coloured hair. I should wave next time. My guess is he's not a member on this board.

I also saw a black one about 3 weeks ago near heathrow terminal 4. Owner was wearing a bright yellow high vis jacket. lol

Which ones have you seen out of interest? Their used to be a green 03 plate pre-facelift parked just off holiday inn sliproad reading to greenford. Haven't seen it in a while.

Armz.

;)

NOBODY HAS SAID IT IS A TRD COROLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the time to read what people have said in their posts.

The TRD badge was mentioned as a distinguishing feature!!

I guess you're the sort of person that doesn't read people's posts correctly and gets the wrong end of the stick.

Fake TRD's?? wtf???

Anyway rant over, i'm off to make mine into the worlds first M3 AMG Nismo TRD Corolla, if the badges are on my car then it must be the real thing!!!!!!!

;)

I guess you're the sort of person that doesn't read people's posts correctly and gets the wrong end of the stick.

Fake TRD's?? wtf???

Anyway rant over, i'm off to make mine into the worlds first M3 AMG Nismo TRD Corolla, if the badges are on my car then it must be the real thing!!!!!!!

LOL! you're giving me ideas now aswell. Where are you gonna get the badges from? :P I rekon with just the M3 badge an extra 100bhp or so could be on the cards. AMG one your looking another 60-70bhp. But that TRD one alone, that puts a whopping 500bhp on top. :toast:

With the addition of those three badges you'll have SERIOUS power, or POWWA!! as clarkson puts it. :yahoo:

Cheers.

Armz.

;)

Fake TRD's?? wtf???

LOL! you're giving me ideas now aswell. Where are you gonna get the badges from? :P I rekon with just the M3 badge an extra 100bhp or so could be on the cards. AMG one your looking another 60-70bhp. But that TRD one alone, that puts a whopping 500bhp on top. :toast:

With the addition of those three badges you'll have SERIOUS power, or POWWA!! as clarkson puts it. :yahoo:

Cheers.

Armz.

I must go buy some more badges!

Almost forgot!

To get a serious power increase i'll need to add a "Turbo" Badge!!

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links