Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cooling I Think

frostini

hi this problem is driveing me crazy,i drive as normal andtemp gauge goes up to hot then fall to ok positon,i lift the bonnet everythings ok i drve some more and it goes up again,ive flushed it ive put a new sender in and changed the thermostat,now when i reach my destination i switch of ignition open the door and the temp gauge goes up to hot shut the door and it drops this also happens when i put my foot on the brake.help me someone i think i am going mad. gordon

Sounds like an eletrical problem with the instrument cluster..

Try checking conections/wiring about the temo sensor, and earths/wiring around the instrument cluster, I had a similar problem on my supra that make the dash totaly lose the plot and everything read in reverse, it was a dodgey earth cause by shoddy eletrical work (alarm/fog light fitting being the main culprits)

It might even be worth temporarily fitting a cheapy aftermaret temp guage if you just want to make sure that it is an eletrical problem as opposed to an actual temperature one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links