Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'rolla Compressor Tuning

Danny_TTE_compressor

Right, the other month i posted that there is a company offering to tune the compressor upto 265 ish bhp, i wont lie, got shot down in flames from some of the guys on here, however i spoke to the guy on the phone and he has given me a price of about £300 for the job, but it has to go to oxford area for a day out to have it done (a re-map and a bit of tinkering with the supercharger) he is giving a one year warranty with it too! his phone number is 07003450075 and i think his name is lee. so before guning me down again telling me it cant be done give him a bell! oh and i will be getting it done in the new year, so il keep you posted at just how good it is!

Right, the other month i posted that there is a company offering to tune the compressor upto 265 ish bhp, i wont lie, got shot down in flames from some of the guys on here, however i spoke to the guy on the phone and he has given me a price of about £300 for the job, but it has to go to oxford area for a day out to have it done (a re-map and a bit of tinkering with the supercharger) he is giving a one year warranty with it too! his phone number is 07003450075 and i think his name is lee. so before guning me down again telling me it cant be done give him a bell! oh and i will be getting it done in the new year, so il keep you posted at just how good it is!

I dont see why it would nt be possible as the Lotus Exige has the same engine as the Compressor and puts out around 275 BHP. I did hear that to do it effectively you would have to upgrade the supercharger.

1 question tho at 105.9p per litre do you really want to decrease your MPG??

can,t wait to hear how it goes .bit concerned has to if it would be better to have an intercooler fitted as you may get knock which could end up with the ecu retarding the ignition to compensate and loosing what you gain .forcing more air in and not cooling it can be a bit risky.but till you get your map done we wont know.best of luck thou really hope it goes ok might get mine done .i live in york to not seen you about what colour your compressor will keep an eye out for you.

I dont see why it would nt be possible as the Lotus Exige has the same engine as the Compressor and puts out around 275 BHP. I did hear that to do it effectively you would have to upgrade the supercharger.

The Exige puts out 240bhp ;) intercooler and different ECU :thumbsup:

Lotus got the 280 number by using E85 Biofuel :)

The lotus' use a completely different supercharger than the compressor.

I think I'll give the bloke a call and see exactly what it involves ( I thought the ecu was non-mappable on the tsports).

Sounds good for 300 quid though.

:D :D

Interested to see how this works.

I just got hold of an intercooler unit and will attempt to fit it when I can spare the time.

If this chap can actually do the tuning I might give him a call B)

Where did u get the intercooler and how much was it?

Is it a big job to fit?

I would think u would need one if u make the s/c spin faster. Or am I talking ballocks?

:D

I was at my friends and saw the intercooler lying in a corner.

It is long rather than square which I think may be easier to fit in.

The pipes are similar diameter to the Corollas so with a bit of juggling around I am sure it will work.

I believe it belonged to a Land Rover turbo diesel and will take a pic when I can.

There is no easy way to make the supercharger run faster as the electro-clutch on its pulley prevents us from fitting a smaller size.

The cooler air charge should help prevent detonation which is the main reason I am trying it.

Someone else on the forum was fitting an intercooler but he has gone quiet at the moment :unsure:

When i spoke to silvestone performance the +35 bhp upgrade cost £2000 due to the work involved. (He told me they're a right ball ache to do).

1) fit an intercooler

2) change the pulley on the s/c

3) re-map the ecu

So they all should be possible to do, thats why i'm a bit dubious about £300 for +50 bhp.

I hope it can be done for that price, if so i'm the first one there.

Hmm, Silverstone must change the entire pulley and clutch assembly then. It would be nice to know where those come from.

Usually you reduce the pulley size to raise the boost to compensate for losses from introducing the slight air flow restriction of the intercooler.

The intercooler itself does not increase power. It just allows more timing to be introduced without detonation.

I agree that trying to plumb the intercooler in is going to be a ball ache due to space restrictions :rolleyes:

Don't think they do fella? just have an intercooler to lower the intake temps? and diff ecu which im guessing just advances the ignition timing to get extra power

Don't think they do fella? just have an intercooler to lower the intake temps? and diff ecu which im guessing just advances the ignition timing to get extra power

they do increase power - by cooling the air it is denser - which gives you more air for the same volume so petrol has to be increased so you get bigger bang. simple really.

they do increase power - by cooling the air it is denser - which gives you more air for the same volume so petrol has to be increased so you get bigger bang. simple really.

yeah I know that :thumbsup: was questioning that they change the S/C between Lotus and Toyota...

yeah I know that :thumbsup: was questioning that they change the S/C between Lotus and Toyota...

sorry mate - i replied to the wrong post, that was for chrisio when he thought intercoolers didnt increased power. all this talk of superchargers makes me want to go soo prolex. i asked the misses for a s/c for chrimbo but she said some springs would have to do! anyone got £2500 going spare!

You're sort of right, the supercharger creates warmer air when it compresses it. Warm air can cause detonation so it has to be cooled down.

If you intercool a turbo'd or supercharged engine you allow more boost or timing to be used which then gives more power without destroying it.

I have been running supercharged Ford Mustangs since 2001 so I have a rough idea how it works :P

Lotus got the 280 number by using E85 Biofuel :)

Hello St3ve

Can you give me some more info on the picture you post of the Corolla and what it relates to? as i also see a CTR in the background(best place for them if you ask me).

Handicap7 :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links