Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Identification Of My Landcruiser

pdingle

I am the owner of a 1998 Toyota Landcruiser VX Grande 3.4 V6 Petrol (8 seater) and I love it. But all I know about it is that it was imported from Austrialia 7 years ago so can anybody help me work out what this is actually known as i.e. Prado, Colorado, Amazon as the local Toyota dealer doesnt really want much to do with it as there say imports are completly different from the UK models as well as the parts and always charge me a fortune when iv taken it in. As well as this my insurance company will only insure it as the higheset catagory Landcuiser as they dont seem to reconise it. Can anyone shed some light on the equvalent model so I know which parts to buy, what to call it when I take it in for repairs etc.

Like people have been telling you, there isnt an equivalent model here in the UK, unlike some Hilux models for instance. If you get the model code and chassis number off the plate under the bonnet, I MAY be able to tell you a bit more about it. The trouble is, there are so few vehicles imported from Australia, that we dont have the catalogues for them, most cars come in from the Japanese markets. Get ALL the details off the plate from under the bonnet and I will see what can be found, but don't hold your breath at being able to get parts off the shelf, you may have to order them which can take some time (A close up photo of the VIN plate would be handy, showing all the details) People sometimes forget that Toyota are a global company and make thousands of different models worldwide, a Landcruiser in the UK will have a different spec from one for say the African market or North America or Asia

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info so far, iv attached the two plates (although not sure where there attached). Do these tell you anything?

post-48795-1195584922_thumb.jpg

post-48795-1195584931_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links