Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Old Chestnut - Prius Tow Bar

Gfish

I am a newby to the forum, and asked this question in the newby section - probably a mistake, although I did get one response from Rich, advising me to speak to the Parts King(?) (Who is this man?)

Perhaps more of you will have more suggestions.

I love cycling, and want to fit a towbar mounted bicycle rack to the back of my new car. I don't want a Roof Rack, as we often go to The Netherlands to cycle, and don't want the extra height on the Ferry. Also I don't want one of those racks that tie onto the back of the car with straps, as they make it impossible to use the back door. They also take ages to fit and fix the bikes - I used one on my old car and now want something better.

As Toyota don't recommend towing with the Prius, and so don't supply a hitch, I wondered if anyone out there knows of a local supplier who can help.

By the way, hitches are available from Toyota dealers in Holland, specifically to fit cycle racks. (No ball supplied) Would getting one fitted in Holland invalidate my Toyota guarantee?

I am a newby to the forum, and asked this question in the newby section - probably a mistake, although I did get one response from Rich, advising me to speak to the Parts King(?) (Who is this man?)

Perhaps more of you will have more suggestions.

I love cycling, and want to fit a towbar mounted bicycle rack to the back of my new car. I don't want a roof rack, as we often go to The Netherlands to cycle, and don't want the extra height on the Ferry. Also I don't want one of those racks that tie onto the back of the car with straps, as they make it impossible to use the back door. They also take ages to fit and fix the bikes - I used one on my old car and now want something better.

As Toyota don't recommend towing with the Prius, and so don't supply a hitch, I wondered if anyone out there knows of a local supplier who can help.

By the way, hitches are available from Toyota dealers in Holland, specifically to fit cycle racks. (No ball supplied) Would getting one fitted in Holland invalidate my Toyota guarantee?

If you were to get the rack supplied and fitted by a Toyota dealer I doubt that it would invalidate your warranty.

As for 'Parts King'.... he is our resident encyclopedia of knowledge when it comes to Toyota parts etc. He works for Lindop, a main dealer, and he knows his stuff!

Good luck with your search for the part you want :)

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the info.

How do I contact the Parts King? Do I contact the Dealer, or can I contact him through this forum?

ello

have a look at the foolowing site it is an american thing but it maty suit your needs they call it a receiver hitch to carry cycles etc.

Cheers BD

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links