Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E Condensation Problem

bronxbomber

I have a Carina E 1.6. M reg (I know it's old and my daughter keeps on at me to get a new one, but Hey I have had it for about 8 years with hardly a problem and it gets me from A to B economically so as far as I am concerned it's cheap motoring) The problem I have, and have had, for the time I have had the car is I get a LOT of condensation on the inside of the front and back windscreens when the weather is cold. I went out this morning and the windows were clear. It hasn't rained at all today. Went out again at 4.00.p.m and the inside windows were dripping with condensation. Anyone any ideas.

I did, at one time, have a problem with water getting into the passenger side of the car front and back but checked under the carpets and it's bone dry.

Do you have the air-flow control set to re-circulate? This will cause condensation

Do you have the air-flow control set to re-circulate? This will cause condensation

Thanks for thr reply I have tried it on both settings but it didn't appear to make any difference. I will leave it on uncirculated i.e.Air from outside in future. However it doesn't solve the problem of condensation when I haven't used the car?

Oh!

There will be standing water inside the car then.

The usual place for this to collect is in the spare wheel well or in the inner wing behind the rear wheel arches.

Drain holes may be clogged

I had this problem and in my case I traced it to a hose that feeds the Heater- its on the inside of the hood right at the back. water had been leaking at the back of the Heater inside the car, I re-made the hose joints and that fixed it, in my case.

I had this problem and in my case I traced it to a hose that feeds the Heater- its on the inside of the hood right at the back. water had been leaking at the back of the Heater inside the car, I re-made the hose joints and that fixed it, in my case.

Thanks I'll take a look. Is it easy to find and Is it easy to get at?

Thanks I'll take a look. Is it easy to find and Is it easy to get at?

Easy to find, you can see the hoses going into the heater; just a bit of a lean over the engine should do it ok

• 6 months later...

On the same sort of theme, I also have an M reg 1.6 with condensation issues. Inside was bone-dry till I tried my new electric sunroof (which worked incidentally). Now the rear footwells get wet on the passenger side, I'm thinking the drain channels may be blocked for it but have no idea where/how to check - any ideas anyone? Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links