Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lousy Radio Reception

Dutchgirl

Im not sure if I should change my radio on my new Prius when it is delivered. Ive got the loan of Prius from the garage at the moment, and the radio reception is lousy, so much interference, On my other car radio I had Long Wave and in Holland I could get Radio 4 from the UK, but it seems the radio I have in this car doesnt have Long Wave. I wonder if I should ask my dealer to put me a different radio into the car. Is this possible? It all seems so much an integral part of the interior design

Dutchgirl

• 1 month later...

Im not sure if I should change my radio on my new Prius when it is delivered. Ive got the loan of Prius from the garage at the moment, and the radio reception is lousy, so much interference, On my other car radio I had Long Wave and in Holland I could get Radio 4 from the UK, but it seems the radio I have in this car doesnt have Long Wave. I wonder if I should ask my dealer to put me a different radio into the car. Is this possible? It all seems so much an integral part of the interior design

Dutchgirl

:D Hello there Dutchgirl, so how did you get on with the Prius radio? I just bought a 2005 T3 and I must admit the radio is very poor. Not only is the sound quality appalling (sound's like my ma's old kitchen radio) but I agree, the reception is lousy. I live in rural Norfolk and can't consistantly get Radio 3 which is kinda poor for national station.

I understand if you have the top of the range model (T Spirit?) then you get an upgraded stereo, so presumably the sound is better - but is the reception I wonder?

Queue for more tumbleweeds and deathly silence.

Jon

Dutchgirl

:D Hello there Dutchgirl, so how did you get on with the Prius radio? I just bought a 2005 T3 and I must admit the radio is very poor. Not only is the sound quality appalling (sound's like my ma's old kitchen radio) but I agree, the reception is lousy. I live in rural Norfolk and can't consistantly get Radio 3 which is kinda poor for national station.

I understand if you have the top of the range model (T Spirit?) then you get an upgraded stereo, so presumably the sound is better - but is the reception I wonder?

Queue for more tumbleweeds and deathly silence.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Sorry I didnt reply sooner. I still havent got my new Prius - I hope to have it in 4 weeks time due to waiting times for deliver. (March 15th??) I hope my new car has a better radio. If not Ill have to get them to change it. I live in Holland and my husband gets radio 4 on his car radio and I used to get it on my Renault Clio very well, so Ill try and keep you informed. I wondered if the Battery on the Prius interfered with the reception or is it just the result of a cheap and nasty radio?

Lin x

Hi Jon,

...I wondered if the battery on the Prius interfered with the reception or is it just the result of a cheap and nasty radio?

Hi Lin,

Gut reaction is it's a cheap and nasty radio!!! But it will be interesting to hear what others (if they're out there) say. Mine lost most of the preprogrammed stations yesterday. No idea why, and due to the appalling "auto tuning" facility I had to manually twiddle the knob and store them all over again. No idea why it did it. I did remove the aerial to go thru a car wash but I hope to g*d it won't do this everytime I want to clean the dear thing!

Can't believe you are having to wait so long for your car. Still you should be delighted with it when it comes. What model and colour did you go for?

Cheers,

Jon

I got a basic Prius with no SatNav cos my son works for Tom Tom and I have one already. Its the light blue one and no reversing camera cos I believe in looking and using my eyes to reverse. I love the car I have on loan at the moment its 5 years old, 50 000Km on the clock and its so smooth. I was looking for something that I could practice what I preach about the environment and the rainforest.

Yes they told me 4 months for my new car to arrive, but I am working with Toyota at the moment to support the plight of the orangutans in Borneo and we are having an event in Holland with our local Toyota dealer on 14th March so I got the feeling the Director is going to present me with my car on that evening. I hope so. Nothing mentioned yet it could be surprise!! LOL Dont want to spoil it for them.

Please go to www.savetheorangutan.co.uk, every penny counts - the orangutans cannot speak for themselves.

I also took the aerial off my car for the car wash and havent put it back yet - Ill keep you informed if the radio goes all weird on me.

DG

Wow that all sounds great. I believe the "basic" model still comes will some bells and whistles, indeed I'm not even sure we can get the reversing camera in the UK (maybe just the US). Light blue should look fab.

Thanks for the link to BOS, I've just made a small donation as it all looks like a very worthy cause.

Anyway, good on you for what you're doing and I'll keep my fingers crossed for 14th next month and hope your suspicions are right! :clap:

BOS wishes to thank you for the donation. We are so much in need of help to raise money right now - we have 650 orangutans injured, orphaned or nowhere to place them, the palm oil industry has a lot to answer to. All volunteer fund raisers are welcome. The orangutans cannot speak for themselves. So thanks from me too.

We hope to get Toyota more involved in the future. Anyone out there who wishes to use us in partnership with the Prius we are happy to talk with you. My car will soon have a logo on the side and will seen all over North Holland and anywhere else I choose to take it. This will be to advertise the BOS foundation.

I love my Prius! Well soon I hope to have my own instead of the loan car. At least it's free at the moment. Nothing to pay yet - we have a good relationship with our Toyota dealer in Holland.

Dutchgirl

• 3 months later...

And so, March came and went. Dutchgirl how did your event go? Do you now have your car? Are you happy? Please let us all know. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links