Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedo

pint puller

only just got this hilux surf and noticed speedo not working.any advice on where its driven from ...i assume its electric

only just got this hilux surf and noticed speedo not working.any advice on where its driven from ...i assume its electric

It's driven from the old owners, to your house and it's prob. diesel or petrol, not electric!

Ho-Ho-Ho!

It's driven from the old owners, to your house and it's prob. diesel or petrol, not electric!

Ho-Ho-Ho!

oh deary deary me. i can see the winter nights must fly by in your house.. merry xmas

What year is your truck?

What year is your truck?

its a 1991 2.4

Ah, depends on what time of year in 1991 as the speedo drives changed over.

If your speedo has a pin for the needle to rest on at zero, then it's electronic, and the reason it may not be working is the speedo sensor on the transmission (the second from last sensor on the transmission before the propshaft) isn't working, or the plug is loose or dirty, the multi-plug on the rear of the speedo head is loose or the actual speedo head is faulty.

If there is no pin for the needle to rest on at zero, then the speedo is mechanical and is driven via a cable, in which case the cable may be broken.

Ah, depends on what time of year in 1991 as the speedo drives changed over.

If your speedo has a pin for the needle to rest on at zero, then it's electronic, and the reason it may not be working is the speedo sensor on the transmission (the second from last sensor on the transmission before the propshaft) isn't working, or the plug is loose or dirty, the multi-plug on the rear of the speedo head is loose or the actual speedo head is faulty.

If there is no pin for the needle to rest on at zero, then the speedo is mechanical and is driven via a cable, in which case the cable may be broken.

thanks very much all information is greatly appreciated. pint puller

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links