Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Is Wobbley :unsure:

kenty

hi guys,

goy some new wheels a few weeks ago, and since then the car has felt very unstable at high speed. does anyone have any idea just to put my mind at ease? someone has mentioned it could be the tyres??? wheels are 16s, tyres 195/45/16. Had the tracking done but doesnt feel any better.

cheers

ps anyone know the original wheel nut size and would these be ok to use with aftermarket wheels or will i need some that suit the wheels?

cheers again

ross

hi guys,

goy some new wheels a few weeks ago, and since then the car has felt very unstable at high speed. does anyone have any idea just to put my mind at ease? someone has mentioned it could be the tyres??? wheels are 16s, tyres 195/45/16. Had the tracking done but doesnt feel any better.

cheers

ps anyone know the original wheel nut size and would these be ok to use with aftermarket wheels or will i need some that suit the wheels?

cheers again

ross

Hi, I would have thought that you need the correct nuts to fit the wheels as, when I got my car, it had different locking nuts for different types of wheel, straight from Toyota! I.E. When I ordered the car and picked the alloys from their list, they supplied the correct nuts that matched the wheels I picked.

You may find the wheels you have got are not even suitable for the car as many look similar (four holes etc) but have different spacing of the holes, different offsets etc. You need to know they are fine before fitting as that is an accident just waiting to happen!

Good luck. :rolleyes:

Are the wheels brand new or just new to you

rear tyres could need balancing, this can cause vibration through steering at 60+, depending on where the wheels where from some companies just slap on weights and not even balance them

no spigot rings fitted, causes the wheel to move on the hub, as the rings centralise the wheel on the hub, noticable at

40-50+

If the wheels were brand new you should have had wheel nuts with them

hi,

the website i bought the wheels from has a car chooser, in which you put your car details in and from then on, will only show wheels suitable for your car. wheels are definatley 4x100 pcd. they also supplied the wheel nuts so im guessing that they must also be suitable for my car

Do the wheels have plastic like rings on the inside of the hub to make it fit tight (the spigot rings armored fist was talking about) this will make the car feel "wobbly" if the're not there.

i think that might be it. where do i get spigot rings from and how much? how come my old sr wheels didnt have these on?

i think that might be it. where do i get spigot rings from and how much? how come my old sr wheels didnt have these on?

Because they have the original 54.1mm centre bore.

Hello, when you got the wheels and the wheel nuts you should have got 4 spigot rings also with the alloys, you should get in touch with the people you got the wheels from and tell them the spigot rings where missing when you got the wheels delivered. I have just had new alloys fitted to my auris and the tyre fitter said about the spigot rings, if not fitted to the wheels would then get a bad wobble at speed. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ive had a look in the bag i got with the wheels and there are 4 black plastic rings, any chance these could be the little buggers?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ive had a look in the bag i got with the wheels and there are 4 black plastic rings, any chance these could be the little buggers?

Are they the same outer diameter as the hole in the wheel, and the same inner diameter as the spigot?

If so, then they may well be just what you need.

they must be, ive got 4 black plastic rings that i got with my wheels, left them off, and my car feels unsure...it has to be them!!! il put them on tomorrow and tell you the crack

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links