Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Child Seat

PG Tea

We have just purchased a 2nd hand Verso and had no problems on the test drive with the child seat.

After purchasing the car and driving home we struggled to remove the rear facing child seat (never had this problem with our previous Ford or Peugeot) - the seat belt had locked and by lifting the child seat backward to enable some slack only made it a tighter fit and harder to extract.

To release the seatbelt the child seat base unit had to be removed and re-attached.

Is this a feature of the car or is there something we have done wrong?

Thanks for reading and look forward to comments.

On the Avensis it was a real pain to put a rear facing child seat in the car as the seat belt was only just long enough and would lock

I was hoping on the verso it would be better as they are aimed at families .What we had to do on the Avensis was pull the seat belt out all the way then put a clip on it to stop it retracting fit the seat and take the slack up as we fitted it

There is no problem with forward facing seats they go in okay.

One last point it could be a faulty seat belt that locks sometimes ( I know if you pull it sharply it will lock as that is what it is designed to do )

Need to be careful here - my 2006 Verso states this is a 'feature' for use with child restraints. For 16 months I has been cursing this too until I saw the notes (stitched at the bottom of the seat belt straps and in the manual) and started using it properly.

The belts when pulled to thier full extent start locking on a ratchet type system until they are nearly fully retracted.

This is alright now my daughter is in a forward facing seat as I have to move this fairly infrequently however was a real pain when she was in the rear facing carrier - hope this helps explain.

Now for my dilema: :dontgetit:

Can a child seat be used in the 3rd row - no specific mention in the manual except as the feature above is not fitted to the rear belts I need to use a 'locking clip' instead.

Now for my dilema: :dontgetit:

Can a child seat be used in the 3rd row - no specific mention in the manual except as the feature above is not fitted to the rear belts I need to use a 'locking clip' instead.

Check the seat manufacturers website for information. Britax, for example, have a fit finder that advises which seats fit which cars. There's one called an Evolva 123 (we have this one) which fits all 3 rows of a Verso, also gives tips for each seat.

http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=62

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links