Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3.0td Surf I Cant Get Any Gears!

Kurt76

I have a 3.0 TD Hi Lux Surf SSRV AUTOMATIC and I drove home today, parked on the drive and had some tea in the house. An hour or so later I got back in the car, started it released the hand brake and engaged reverse but the car revs but goes nowhere. This happens on all selections on the lever. However, when I try to put the lever back to 'park' there is a grinding/rumbling noise. I have to switch the engine off, to be able to engage 'park'. So I'm annoyingly stuck on my drive, up a lane and I cannot shift this big 'ol thing! There is no fluid leak that I can see but it has been suggested that I check and top up the g/box level. I am capable, but do not have hilux knowledge on how to fix it.

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS ONE PLEASE?

regards,

Kurt76

I have a 3.0 TD Hi Lux Surf SSRV AUTOMATIC and I drove home today, parked on the drive and had some tea in the house. An hour or so later I got back in the car, started it released the hand brake and engaged reverse but the car revs but goes nowhere. This happens on all selections on the lever. However, when I try to put the lever back to 'park' there is a grinding/rumbling noise. I have to switch the engine off, to be able to engage 'park'. So I'm annoyingly stuck on my drive, up a lane and I cannot shift this big 'ol thing! There is no fluid leak that I can see but it has been suggested that I check and top up the g/box level. I am capable, but do not have hilux knowledge on how to fix it.

CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS ONE PLEASE?

regards,

Kurt76

Check the linkage to your shifter. I had the same thing happen in an old car I had, and it was the linkage coming undone from the base of the shifter.

Have you knocked the high/low range lever, make sure it's in high range.

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the speedy replies. I will try the 4wd selector first and I will come back on here and let

you know what my findings are.

thanks again,

Kurt

Have you knocked the high/low range lever, make sure it's in high range.

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for the speedy replies. I will try the 4wd selector first and I will come back on here and let

you know what my findings are.

thanks again,

Kurt

HI guys,

yes it was the lever that had moved on the 4wd sytem. I cannot thank you enough!!!!!! YOu have made my day!

regards,

ETA Supplies

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links