Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Question/how To ?

Burning Feet Man

Hello again all, been a while since my last 'problem' so i thought i'de come up with a new one hehe

Lately my brakes have sounded rough when i first drive it until there is some heat in them, i know you do get rust build up but im concerned my pads may be wearing thing as i've not changed them in 15 months or so.

I need to ask a couple of questions

Firstly, are there any wear indicators on the brake pads, if so what do they look like (Pictures would be great)

Secondly, can i replace the pads and leave the discs, or should the whole lot be changed?

and last but not least, is there a DIY guide to changing brake pads/discs and is it easy enough?

Im fairly mechanically minded, just cautious when it comes to my car, like to know exactly what im doing.

Thanks for your help guys!

You can replace the Pads only but as the Toyota Discs are made of Cheese, it makes sense to go for EBC/Black Diamond/Red Dot Discs and throw away the OE ones. This should cost £150-£200.

If you have a pre face lift 140, the Discs are 255mm. All other Gen 7's have 275mm front Discs.

As regards the install, it is relatively easy but it might be advisable to buy the fitting clips from Toyota as they are prone to corrode, there are install guides on the Celica Club Forum.

• 6 months later...

Forgive me but I am due to change the rear disks and pads (only contacting in a small area) on my 1999, Gen 6, 2.0l Celica and would love to find some install guides but I can't find any anywhere!

Could you post a link to them? (If I try doing a search for them I end up with 140 odd pages - am I doing something wrong?)

Forgive me but I am due to change the rear disks and pads (only contacting in a small area) on my 1999, Gen 6, 2.0l Celica and would love to find some install guides but I can't find any anywhere!

Could you post a link to them? (If I try doing a search for them I end up with 140 odd pages - am I doing something wrong?)

rears are the same as the fronts mate , piston simply pushes back . - just remember to take the handbrake off or the disc ( witches hat ) wont come off. handbrake shoes sit under and behind the disc if you didnt know already . CONTACT AREA ON THE REAR ISNT THAT MUCH ANYWAYS .

price parts at brakesinternational or toyota celica breakers ( TCB ) http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/ ALL PARTS ARE NEW NOT USED.

Celica ST202 (93-99) 2.ltr with 3 SGE or 3 SFE engines

also covers 1.8i 7AFE

Rear brake disc's

Part number: ADC0156

Price: £ 22.42 + £ 3.92 v.a.t each

go onto youtube and type in "how to ect ect" its a fairly simple thing todo i put grooved discs and green stuff pads all round on mine for 190pounds make sure u havew some copper greese to stop any unwanted noise thou

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links